The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D-60 ....coming soon

Professional

Hey all,

Anyone got H4D-60 so far? I would like to see what this camera can perform against Hasselblad 50mp and Phase One P65+, no any news about it?

If someone get any test from it please post here for me to see, i would like to see the quality of this camera on different ISO and conditions if possible.

tjv

And people gave Leica a hard time for taking an age to release the S2... Didn't Hasselblad announce a 60mp H3DII camera over a year ago?

Professional

And people gave Leica a hard time for taking an age to release the S2... Didn't Hasselblad announce a 60mp H3DII camera over a year ago?
I think H4D-60 will be released soon, i heard some news from someone about it, so i will wait, and you are right, i remember they talked about 60mp last year, and that Leica S2 took long time to be released in the market.

fotografz

The H4D/60 was supposed to be launched around Dec. of last year, but the elves in Denmark found something they didn't like in the files ... so Hasselblad swapped places in the release line-up and introduced the H4D/50 before the 60. Who knows what the hold up has been, Hassey is tight lipped about about almost anything it does before a release ... as witnessed by the H4D/40, which was a complete surprise launch and available immediately after its introduction.

Better they get the H4D/60 right rather than make its users a bunch of alpha or beta testers. Phase One sure upped Hassey on this one that's for sure. The P80+ will be out before Haseey gets the H4D/60 off the ground :ROTFL:

-Marc

Quentin_Bargate

I am still waiting for my H4D-50. When I spoke with Hassy UK about delays, they said that the problem was that Hasselblad was a relatively small customer of Kodak and they were at the mercy of Kodak to supply enough chips. Conversely, the 40mp chip was in plentiful supply so they could produce H4D-40 cameras with little delay.

Somehow you'd expect a premium customer like Hasselblad to have a bit more clout than that. I should get my H4D-50 in a few days (so I am told).

Dalsa make the 60mp chip so I assume image optimisation is the reason for delay there. It must be fairly difficult getting a different manufacturer's chip to work optimally.

Quentin

fotografz

I am still waiting for my H4D-50. When I spoke with Hassy UK about delays, they said that the problem was that Hasselblad was a relatively small customer of Kodak and they were at the mercy of Kodak to supply enough chips. Conversely, the 40mp chip was in plentiful supply so they could produce H4D-40 cameras with little delay.

Somehow you'd expect a premium customer like Hasselblad to have a bit more clout than that. I should get my H4D-50 in a few days (so I am told).

Dalsa make the 60mp chip so I assume image optimisation is the reason for delay there. It must be fairly difficult getting a different manufacturer's chip to work optimally.

Quentin
I wonder if that was a UK thing? In the US, the reps were offering nice deals on H4D/50s to trade-up folks that had signed up for the 60. Maybe that's where all the 50 chips went ;)

Optimizing the "different" Dalsa chip didn't seem an overwhelming task for Phase One ... but for Hasselblad it may have something to do with all the integration elements that were optimized for the kodak chips. That could be making the task a bit more difficult.

I opted out of the 60 trade-up and went for a 39 multi-shot for studio work, and a H4D/40 for all the rest.

-Marc

Professional

I played with H4D-50 before, and i can get that one now if i want, but i feel it is not a big jump of H3DII-39 to H4D-50, and there is H3DII-50 which i can trade-in long time ago with my 39, but i just planning to go further away big jump to 60mp, and Hasselblad website listed H4D-60 in the product which means it will be available soon, and that person [salesman] told me i will get mine soon, so i will keep in touch with him and see.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
The H3DII-60 was announced at Photokina 2008 (same as the S2, actually) with availbity originally promised for April 2009.

David

PeterA

Sure David - the S2 is out - the question is - who cares? :LOL:

a real shame...not even a Leica head liek me can justify buying this ..ummm what is it exactly?

Professional

Still have issues with the camera but i will try to figure out what is the problem and how can i fix it or if i have to replace it, i will be sad to return it and wait for another body fixed issues.

Just a quick first shot i've did with this camera

H4D-60, 80mm, f/16, 1/500, ISO800, one light only.

Professional

What kind of issues? Could you be so kind and upload a raw file iso 50? regards!
The issue is something i don't know how to explain about it.
I have another shot at ISO 50, not this camera shot, so would you want to see that another shot at ISO 50? Also which RAW, 3FR or FFF or DNG?

Paul Spinnler

Tareq, thank you so much, the original phocus file so .fff ... that would be great ... i'm really intersted in base noise ... but is the issue something about the image quality or the body??

thank you, you are possibly about to post the first h4d-60 raw file in the world!!

regards
paul

Professional

Tareq, thank you so much, the original phocus file so .fff ... that would be great ... i'm really intersted in base noise ... but is the issue something about the image quality or the body??

thank you, you are possibly about to post the first h4d-60 raw file in the world!!

regards
paul
OK Paul, i am uploading the file in both formats, 3FR and FFF, so you choose what you want to use and go for it, i will upload both to see if the original file 3FR doesn't have an issue as i see when i convert or say export as FFF then i see the issue, but who knows, i may have problem with the software or maybe with the body itself, just be patient while i am uploading the files, very slow connection here, saying about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Paul Spinnler

Ok, I will definitely report on my findings ... thank you! I hope this camera doesn't have any issues, they took so much time to make it and this would be a real bummer!

regards

Paul

fotografz

The issue is something i don't know how to explain about it.
I have another shot at ISO 50, not this camera shot, so would you want to see that another shot at ISO 50? Also which RAW, 3FR or FFF or DNG?
Who did you buy this from? You shouldn't have to work your way through an issue alone (real or perceived) with a new camera this expensive.

The dealer should have completely checked it out for you and then delivered it with some instruction.

What is the issue? Lots of experience here on this forum to help out.

-Marc

Professional

I am trying to upload a small web site size here but it seems my uploading is not going until i finish to upload my big files, if there is way like a live chatroom or messenger to send smaller files to check then i will do, i always appreciate any kind of help.