The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D-60 ....coming soon

Professional

Tareq, you live in UAE, there are plenty of things to shoot!

Burj Al Arab would be perfect to test the high resolution of that 60mp with.

You can't tell us you have nothing to shoot: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=dubai&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=797

Look at that place, you guys have some of the most elegant and beautiful man-made structures in the world!
Man, come now to my country and try to shoot something as those photos.
Those are most most are manipulated as HELL, and some were taken in winter, and some are not real, so don't think that these photos are so real and if i go there and shoot i will have same those photos, Dubai is full of foreigners people who are gearholic and photoshop wizards, I saw some photos original, rarely some shots coming closer to those, and how come i beat some with view and technical gear and TS lens and maybe same my camera [H3DII39/50, P45+/P65+] and best lens and professional in softwares? don't think i will beat them, i even thinking that 98% of them are working as team or group, so i am with just new H4D-60 and i am new in MF world as well and no TS lens or adapter and no view camera and just recently i bought my Profot one head [and those having minimum 6-8 Profoto heads or Bron], I can shoot something but then say my composition or exposure is not spot on, your colors are off, your....
I met one person in dubai, Phase One asked him to be the dealer of them in UAE, i met him yesterday and he brought few gear, what are they? Phase One DF + one of those lenses from Phase One + P65+, the other gear was Horseman SW-D + P45+ and Schneider lens, now if those people are experienced and lucky enough to have all the gear and so skilled with Photoshop and C1 and Lightroom and so, what do you expect me to do?

I will post some shots here, and if some of you so experienced with software like Photoshop, do you best and let me see what you can do to my works

Professional

Forgot to say that i am not living in Dubai, the traffic making me to reach dubai in about 1 hour or so, and the time here is short, morning time i am working and evening time i am with family, going to Dubai is not a good idea for me, it is the best for you, i met many foreigners there and they feel my pain, i don't want to talk about my situations now, but i am trying hard to have something as serious to shoot in Dubai, normal shots i can do with my 1DsIII or 5D or even 1D MarkIII, for some reasons due to culture mostly we are not chosen to do photoshoot in many events, you may not believe me or you may something else, but come here and see how it is going on here and then judge, if i can get the opportunity with those companies or agencies [which is very rarely due to your professionalism and experiences] we most of the time not chosen to do the shoot, 70-80% are non arabs in UAE, Arabs maybe around 30%, and we are original UAE people are about 10-15%, can someone help us please?

symbolphoto

I wasn't attacking you Tareq, i was simply trying to cheer you up to find some things to shoot.

I've never been to UAE, but i'd love to go someday. I heard security around some of these large structures is difficult and security gives people a very hard time.

What town do you live in? Is there a lot of traffic between your town and UAE?

I was recently in India and had an amazing time. That's a great country to see colors and get beautiful photos.

Ok sorry everyone, back to your regularly scheduled HD60 thread.

Dustbak

Now we are going very off-topic but it is amazing to see how you sometimes don't see the things anymore that are right in front of you.

When I read what you write Tareq my feeling is that I would love to photograph persons from that 10-15% of originale UAE people.

I think you have an excellent tool just for that in the H4D60.

The structures might be impressive but personally I find people much more interesting.

Anyway, looking forward to see stuff you have made. I always like to see what others do.

Professional

I wasn't attacking you Tareq, i was simply trying to cheer you up to find some things to shoot.

I've never been to UAE, but i'd love to go someday. I heard security around some of these large structures is difficult and security gives people a very hard time.

What town do you live in? Is there a lot of traffic between your town and UAE?

I was recently in India and had an amazing time. That's a great country to see colors and get beautiful photos.

Ok sorry everyone, back to your regularly scheduled HD60 thread.
Yes man, it became like we are not in our country, it becomes so harder for us, and we have to struggle to do something here, i am not talking about VIP families as those are always do whatever in anywhere in the world, but most are not VIP, but anyway, i will keep doing what i can do and i will never look back, maybe one day we will have our natural positions and better situations.

Yes, there is traffic most of the time between my Town Ajman and Dubai, UAE is the country not the city or town, and Sharjah town/city which is in between [between dubai and ajman] is not so good roads, imagine like you are driving in 4-6 lanes road then it is going to 2-3 lanes then again 5-6 lanes, that point where it is going to 2-3 lanes is in Sharjah, and imagine hundreds thousands driving on the same road, it is about 25-40km between my town ajman and Dubai, so it should take 15-25 minutes, taking it in longer than 40-50 minutes most of the time is really a nightmare, and in the morning and thank GOD i don't work in Dubai, this traffic can reach something about 1 hour or 1 hour and couples of minutes, so for me i always avoid to go to Dubai to shoot anything, and if i do then having hard time there i will never feel interested to go there anyway then.

Now we are going very off-topic but it is amazing to see how you sometimes don't see the things anymore that are right in front of you.

When I read what you write Tareq my feeling is that I would love to photograph persons from that 10-15% of originale UAE people.

I think you have an excellent tool just for that in the H4D60.

The structures might be impressive but personally I find people much more interesting.

Anyway, looking forward to see stuff you have made. I always like to see what others do.
Sure, i will post few shots now regardless how quality it is comparing to others.

In fact i would like to shoot people or my friends, but not all are helpful to do, so i will do my best to shoot, and i am not that kind of photographer who is after the street or candid shots, i have a friend who is shooting film doing that so i let it to him, i go mostly for landscapes and architecture whenever i can, and nightshots is the best i can do here in my country, but honestly, the weather now is not helping, so when the winter is coming, i will be hungry to shoot outdoor mostly the beach, the sunset in the winter here is terrific.

Professional

A night shot from today [Yesterday our time], the weather is bad bad bad, so hot and humid, i am so lucky to have this Hasselblad to handle the bad condition and produce acceptable colors at the end

H4D-60, HCD 4/28mm, f/11, 11sec, ISO50

Last edited:

symbolphoto

Looks like an awesome place. Maybe one day i'll come visit :)

So that's pretty good for 3.2 seconds. No traces of noise whatsoever.

Paul Spinnler

Tareq! What great shots! And thank you for uploading raws, this gives one a feel for the sensor. But I'm not sure how noisy this images are. Did you activate noise reduction?

Professional

Looks like an awesome place. Maybe one day i'll come visit :)

So that's pretty good for 3.2 seconds. No traces of noise whatsoever.
Yes, this place is nice, and i like it, one of the best spots for nightshots, one day it was clear and better weather, the reflection was terrific, and that tunnel in the back is astonishing, you should do a visit, you are welcome anytime.

Professional

Tareq! What great shots! And thank you for uploading raws, this gives one a feel for the sensor. But I'm not sure how noisy this images are. Did you activate noise reduction?
My pleasure!!!
Activated the noise reduction on the software or the camera you mean? I don't know if there is such on the camera, but the software, i didn't touch that Phocus Noise Reduction at all, but i did a touch of NR in Photoshop, but not all the three shots, i think 2 of them only ;) :D They are very noisy, very very noisy :eek:

Paul Spinnler

mhhh ... if you upload the iso 50 shot i would love to push it through some noise reduction routines ... i'm planning on doing some nighttime shots down the line in shanghai and from what i see the files are quite noisy, even the iso 50 one ... only if you want ... this interests me, because long time exposure is important nonetheless ...

you lucky guy! can't wait to get mine!

kind regards

paul

Paul Spinnler

you should try lightroom 3 or cs5 for noise reduction ... develop in phocus and reduce noise in camera raw 6.0 or lr3 the algorithms there are quite superb with regard to high noise ...

Professional

In fact it might be the bad weather as well, it affect the pic to a degree, i even cleaned my lens from the humidity by a normal cloth, so i can't judge that iso 50 is noisy or the files are not so clear or with clarity enough, it could be my pp that may push the noise a bit more.

Professional

you should try lightroom 3 or cs5 for noise reduction ... develop in phocus and reduce noise in camera raw 6.0 or lr3 the algorithms there are quite superb with regard to high noise ...
In fact the NR applied to one of those shots above done on CS4 [still not having CS5], i forgot to use a better NR application such as Noise Ninja or Noiseware.

markowich

tareq,
how does the H4D60 handle the HCD lenses? is the crop indicated in the viewfinder? or do you shoot without knowing what the crop is finally going to be?
thanks for your efforts,
peter
ps: i shot in jeddah last september and i can still feel the heat and humidity....

Professional

tareq,
how does the H4D60 handle the HCD lenses? is the crop indicated in the viewfinder? or do you shoot without knowing what the crop is finally going to be?
thanks for your efforts,
peter
ps: i shot in jeddah last september and i can still feel the heat and humidity....
Hey Peter,

Nice question, well, honestly i don't know, i just shoot with HCD 28 and i can't see if there is any crop applied at SOOC or not, it needs to have another camera such as H3DII-39 or H4D-50 and do test side by side and see, someone i met before yesterday told me that i will see some kind of vignetting if i use my HCD 28 on this 60mp camera, to be honest, i feel there are people want to have issues with this camera so either they replace it or go another brand, i am still testing it but to my level and skill i am not eligible yet to see the difference that you really care or watch about, i did yesterday a quick shot in our house in the yard in front the villa where the sun is strong to the side [about 90 degree to my right], i think this is the best time to check vignetting, when opened the shot on Phocus and tick off the vignetting option, i couldn't see that there is really a bad or extreme vignetting at all, just very little falloff maybe, but about cropping i can't tell until you can tell me a way to check that.