The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P65+ is here!

vieri

Hello everyone, after a few months working with the P45+ I decided to step up to the P65+; some more Mp, but especially a little better high ISO, Sensor Plus, slightly wider coverage, slightly faster speed are the things that made me decide and go for the upgrade.

Here a few samples from a recent shoot for a recording studio, with the Rodenstock 28 mm mounted on a Silvestri Bicam with Flexibellows; light was what was available there, f16, shutter speeds between 20 and 40 seconds. The first image is a single frame, the last two are stitched.

Light was quite difficult, mixed sources with different temperatures, and some natural light added in the mix.

The Rodenstock is really sharp right into the corners, and working with the P65+ was a joy! :D

Outstanding photos - especially considering the available and mixed lighting. Congratulations on getting the P65+. You didn't waste anytime putting it to good use.

D

DougDolde

The photos are very nice but I don't think they tell much about what camera was used.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Congrats Vieri! And my compliments on the excellent first images!

vieri

Damn you jumped up , nice move Vieri. Obviously this is going to pay off. Gorgeous
Thank you Guy! Yep, "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here.", truer words were never spoken! :ROTFL: once you get used to the quality of digital MF all hopes are lost! :D Well, maybe there is some hope now, for the moment at least - despite the gear-slutness always active in the back of my mind :deadhorse:

Outstanding photos - especially considering the available and mixed lighting. Congratulations on getting the P65+. You didn't waste anytime putting it to good use.
Thank you very much Mark! Glad you enjoyed the pics - light was what it was, plus quarters were very very tight, no room for moving around much...

The photos are very nice but I don't think they tell much about what camera was used.
"I don't think they tell much about what camera was used?"

What does this mean?
I suppose it has to do with the web resizing... I will try and put some crops up soon for you guys to enjoy.

Vieri, that was stitched from the HR 28? I thought that lens would barely cover a P65+ sensor?
Hey Chris, well, there isn't much room for shifting with the HR 28 (see here) but - as you can see best in the last photo - you can gain a little anyways (say, about 3-4 mm shift either directions), plus if you crop slightly more "panoramic" you can gain some more mm shift in the width as well. Definitely, though, is not the lens you want if you plan on using a lot of movements...

Congrats Vieri! And my compliments on the excellent first images!
Thank you very much Jack! :D By the way, all your posts re: the P65+ helped me a lot to make my decision, so thank you very much for that - I know, it's tough to help spend other people's money, but someone has to do it! :ROTFL:

vieri

Congratulations,
I am sure that you won't regret it.
bob
Thank you Bob, no regrets at all so far! :D

Wow...! Amazing shots! Finally someone with P65+ and HR28! (and no light fall out...!)
Thank you! There is some fall-off on the corners, easily corrected in PS while waiting for the center filter to be available from Rodenstock...

congrats Vieri and use it in good health - lovely studio and nice shots
Thank you Peter! Glad you liked the pics and the studio, which they tell me is now the most advanced recording facility and the only mastering facility in Turkey :D

rhsu

Vieri,

You are correct that there is "fall out" BUT that "fall out" is NOTHING (negligible) compared to my CF39mp (severe on one side) and I was told by "them" that it's because of the size of the chip and small IC!

I played with the P45+ AND P65+ AND Sinar 75 (today 4hrs) on my RS w/ HR28 and the w/ LCC and shading - neutralised everything!

Hope to see more shots from the combo because I'm thinking seriously about P65+ (after today perhaps Sinar)!? :)

cly

I played with the P45+ AND P65+ AND Sinar 75 (today 4hrs) on my RS w/ HR28 and the w/ LCC and shading - neutralised everything!
could you say a bit about how the sinar 75 is doing in comparison to the the P65, in particular, given its age?

thanks!
--chris

rhsu

could you say a bit about how the sinar 75 is doing in comparison to the the P65, in particular, given its age?

thanks!
--chris
Hope I'm not hijacking the thread here.

In short... because it works seemingly well against P65+ in terms of noise @ ISO 400 and 30sec. At 400% viewing, well... that's where the 33mp vs 60mp comes in. But I was comparing to my H3D and CF39 at ISO400 is no where near Sinar 75 quality by miles and that what I am actually comparing with and with my comment that "it works"!

Furthermore, the LCC and shading of Sinar and P65+ with HR28mm was very impressive and even with movement added (but not the latter due to IC cutting in).

Furthermore, 33mp @ 7.2 micron vs 39mp @ 6.8micron, it is either P45+ or Sinar 75. But when comes to trade-in for my CF39, P65+ has better trade-in ($20k) and P45+ and Sinar 75 CF39 trade-in is on par @ $10K. The cash balance is that of $20k; $15k; and $9k respectively. So that makes Sinar75 economically viable. 60mp may be too much. I am happy with 39mp output @ 1.1 crop factor so 33mp or P45+ should do... "thank you sir".

At the end of the day, it is how seemingly the Sinar75 will work with PhaseOne LF lenses.

BTW: I wonder whether Vieri used any LCC. Because when I tested the P65+ with the HR28mm, the shading seems perfect and no fall-off. But without LCC, my images seem exactly like that of Vieri's 3 images.