The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider 55 mm LS for Phase

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm shooting with some friends who include Kevin Raber of Phase One. He has kindly loaned me the new 55 mm LS lens. Early indications are that it is a gem.

Here's a shot from last night. I hope to use the lens a bit more today and compare it with my Mamiya 55 mm.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nice Bill! Tell Kevin to let you ship it to me for a few days before it gets back to him!

adamduckworth

I got a call today from my dealer (UK) and my 55mm LS lens is finally in. He ships it tomorrow. Woop woop and all that. And promises 110mm in a few weeks, too.

adamduckworth

I already posted a shot or two I used with their loaner 55mm I used a couple of weeks ago.

To celebrate, I pushed the boat out and also today ordered a 28mm Mamiya and the 75-150D zoom, too!

I still find myself grabbing the Nikon D3X when I should be using the Phase beastie as I don't have the lenses I need yet. So now I'm a bit closer!

Here's a couple shot with the 55mm the other week (already posted in another fun with MF images thread)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Your not the only one. Looks nice. How big is it BTW compared to like the 45D

Adam the last one is the winner. very nice

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Yesterday I tested the Schneider 55 against my Mamiya 55. No contest. When I get home I'll post some comparisons, but take it from me - I'm ordering the Schneider!
Bill

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know if the LS lenses will work on AFD3 and other AFD cameras?

Thanks

Anders
Anders, it is supposed to work as a leaf-shutter lens on the AFD3 body with the latest firmware. Not sure about AFD2, don't think so on AFD1. But it WILL work on any AFD bodies as a regular AF focal-plane shutter lens...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Oh -- I heard yesterday we will have both the 55 and 110 LS along for the ride at the Glacier PODAS workshop --- can't wait!!!

David Klepacki

Oh -- I heard yesterday we will have both the 55 and 110 LS along for the ride at the Glacier PODAS workshop --- can't wait!!!
Well, that better mean that I get my 55 and 110 before then (June 8?). I have been waiting since December. Not having the lenses at all is one thing, but having them available for workshop use while their customers are kept on backorder is another.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well, that better mean that I get my 55 and 110 before then (June 8?). I have been waiting since December. Not having the lenses at all is one thing, but having them available for workshop use while their customers are kept on backorder is another.
Uh no, all this means is a Phase representative has one demo sample of each...

David Klepacki

Yeah, I know. I am just getting antsy, that's all.

We are anxiously awaiting the 55LS and 110LS lenses, as they are intended to replace our older "workhorse" lenses, the Contax 55 and the Hasselblad V 110.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Understand totally! Moreover, I am certain the wait will be worth it ;)

kdphotography

So the fiesty italian distracts the Phase rep, while Jack deftly makes off with both LS lenses back to CA and down to Carmel for a visit....

I guess I should just give Capture Integration a call and check how the wait-list is looking....

:D

kdphotography

Ken, OR you could just join us in Glacier! :D
That would be better yet! So the fiesty italian and the cunning asian distract the Phase rep while Jack deftly pockets both LS lenses....

:D

I would love to come play sometime----saving up now for the 110mm LS, but my son (not much shorter than you now) is working hard to redirect increasing amounts of money to Costco for food... :eek:

adamduckworth

Yes, it's finally here... my own 55mm LS lens! And yes, it is a fair bit bigger and heavier than the old 55mm. But it does have a shutter inside it!

And it comes with a lovely nice Phase One wrap thing...

Lovely. And I'm off to California (from gloomy UK) tomorrow for 13 days too! Yay...