The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar Hy6 Camera System - Some General Views

T

thsinar

you're welcome, Guy.

It is definitively a sexy camera, despite not being "whole dark black".

Yes, I did manage the image-postings this time.

Thierry

Thierry nice job of posting all the images of these systems it really helps actually see what they are about. Appreciate the effort. Looks like you got the posting down perfect.

BTW there damn sexy. Okay gearhead talking. LOL

BJNY

For those who don't know,
red arrow points to AF button.

Usual practice is to set focus to manual instead of single or continuous.
Press AF button to focus [on eyes]
Recompose
Release shutter

View attachment 3599

T

thsinar

Billy,

Though it is night and using Tungsten light right now (metamerism), I have asked my daughter of 7 what she sees:

- she sees the grey anthracite of the handle the same as the one on the upper camera (2 arrows pointing left).
- she sees the eMotion body being of a different grey.

I did this test, because I know myself being kind of sensitive with my eyes concerning green/blue, means I have sometimes problems to distinguish these particular colours. On the other hand, I know that my daughter most probably does not "suffer" from the same: she is my adopted daughter.

Thierry

I realize this, but still I'm not convinced.
Sorry I'm obsessed with hatin' on this eMotion blue,
but it matters.

View attachment 3600

T

thsinar

I do have this wish too: not always (never) easy to get all things done at the same time.

Thierry

I hope future Sinarbacks will look more integrated with the Hy6 camera body.

BJNY

Thierry,
Would you show whatever mask/insert Sinar includes for vertical/horizontal framing on the focusing screen, please?
Billy

P.S. I wouldn't mind seeing Leaf's solution, either.
Hoping Steve or Yair chimes in.

Last edited:
T

thsinar

nomore feel like taking a snapshot this evening, Billy!

:thumbdown:

I can say that it is translucent, about 50%, grey (so BLACK if it would be a 100% ---> :thumbup:), with cuts of the capture size for both V & H, which means that it shows you both crops ...

oh, i better take a snapshot! More easy than explaining:

:ROTFL:

Wait a minute ....

... here it is.

Just imagine the grey part being translucent. And sorry for MY fingerprint: I hope my boss won't see it!

Thierry

Thierry,
Would you show whatever mask/insert Sinar includes for vertical/horizontal framing on the focusing screen, please?
Billy

BJNY

In this day and age, why not communicate visually. Words fail at times.
That's why I asked for a YouTube tutorial on stitching at another GetDPI thread.

Thanks again, Thierry.
So, it's a grey acetate that sits atop the focusing screen?

T

thsinar

a grey acetate (thanks for the right word, didn't know it in E).

I was kidding when saying "I don't feel ...."!

What would I not do for you and all the members here ....?

Thierry

In this day and age, why not communicate visually. Words fail at times.
That's why asked for a YouTube tutorial on stitching at another GetDPI thread.

Thanks again, Thierry.
So, it's a grey acetate that sits atop the focusing screen?

BJNY

I would have been happy with a good written description.
For whatever reason, you seem to think I'm demanding ;)

Whenever you get around to it, next I'd like to see a snapshot of the battery in its charger.
I'm curious if it's a single or double charger, if it's 110/220v, and how large it is (for packing in a case).
Also, the recent firmware upgrade excluded use of Varta V290 batteries, why?

Last edited:

Graham Mitchell

Whenever you get around to it, next I'd like to see a snapshot of the battery in its charger.
Afaik, both the camera and the back take Varta V290 batteries. These are common enough, and there are third party chargers available for around $10-20. In other words, this should not be a factor when considering this camera.

T

thsinar

It is a fact, that Varta V290 are not longer produced, thus replaced by batteries from another manufacturer and under our own specifications. These batteries are the "Sinar V290".

Thierry

OK, then perhaps Thierry can let us know if there has been a change.

David K

Workshop Member
Thierry,

I do hope your "bosses" appreciate your efforts here, I know the forum members do. Since this post is directed at those who have an interest in the Sinar Hy6 let me share my recent experience with their customer service. I had some difficulty in getting the new eXposure software to work properly on both my desktop and laptop systems. I tried everything I could think of but no luck. I sent Thierry an email asking for assistance, he sent me the name of a contact at Jenoptik, I sent him an email this past Sunday evening. On Monday morning I had a response that enabled me to get both systems working perfectly. This is the kind of customer support that one should receive with the purchase of a high ticket back. Nevertheless, it is very comforting to know that one ACTUALLY gets it. Thierry, I hope you will not mind my sharing this publicly. I do not want to embarrass you with too high praises but thought others considering this system should know of your efforts.

BJNY

Thierry,
May I also see the interior of the revolving interface plate?
Wondering if it's any more difficult accessing the three screws,
now that there's a revolving mechanism & 2nd plate involved?
Billy

T

thsinar

Easy, here it is:

- Red arrows show the position of the 2 rotation plates to have access to the screws: 2 precise marks on each side make sure that you can easily position it.

- Green arrows indicate the location of the 3 screws.

Other than that it takes exactly 2 seconds longer than any other adapter to be removed/mounted (2 seconds to bring the plates in position).

Thierry

T

thsinar

Thanks David, much appreciated that you mention your "contact" at Jenoptik, Jena: he is also doing his possible to help.

Sometimes it takes a bit longer, but it is not because of lack of willingness.

I agree nevertheless that such king of support should be expected, and I'll try my best to do so.

Thierry

Thierry,

I do hope your "bosses" appreciate your efforts here, I know the forum members do. Since this post is directed at those who have an interest in the Sinar Hy6 let me share my recent experience with their customer service. I had some difficulty in getting the new eXposure software to work properly on both my desktop and laptop systems. I tried everything I could think of but no luck. I sent Thierry an email asking for assistance, he sent me the name of a contact at Jenoptik, I sent him an email this past Sunday evening. On Monday morning I had a response that enabled me to get both systems working perfectly. This is the kind of customer support that one should receive with the purchase of a high ticket back. Nevertheless, it is very comforting to know that one ACTUALLY gets it. Thierry, I hope you will not mind my sharing this publicly. I do not want to embarrass you with too high praises but thought others considering this system should know of your efforts.

BJNY

Easy, here it is:

- Red arrows show the position of the 2 rotation plates to have access to the screws: 2 precise marks on each side make sure that you can easily position it.

- Green arrows indicate the location of the 3 screws.

Other than that it takes exactly 2 seconds longer than any other adapter to be removed/mounted (2 seconds to bring the plates in position).

Thierry
Much appreciated, Thierry.
I noticed the word "Spacer"....if that separate piece is still used, where does it fit?