The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar Hy6 Camera System - Some General Views

T

thsinar

Nothing else to shoot, Guy:

- my baby is moving all the time
- my wife shows her face, when pointing a camera to her
- my dog isn't that photogenic

etc...

;)

Thierry

Thierry really like those flower shots

Mitchell

Can someone tell me the difference between the Sinar eMotion22, and the 54?
I know the 54 is smaller, but is image quality different? Other differences including price?

What back is used in the Sinar Hy6?

Is the sensor the same Dalsa as used in the Mamiya ZD?

Is there a retail source on the web where I can price medium format backs?

Thanks for any help.

This forum is great, and seems to be the only place I can get medium format digital info (including for instance the Sinar site which has no specs on the Hy6 or prices. Some of there retail referrals like Sammy's camera don't even list Sinar on their sites.)

Best,

Mitchell

T

thsinar

hi Mitchell,

The eMotion 22 is discontinued, since about a year. It has been replaced by the eMotion 54 LV (LV stand for Live Video).

The 54 LV uses the exactly same 22 MPx Dalsa sensor as the 22 used to have. BUT, the sensor board has been changed in the 54 LV, improving the IQ performance in general, and high ISO and long exposures in particular.

Other than that, both backs look excatly the same, with the same casing and shape, same desig, same functions, etc ....

Best regards,
Thierry

Can someone tell me the difference between the Sinar eMotion22, and the 54?
I know the 54 is smaller, but is image quality different? Other differences including price?

What back is used in the Sinar Hy6?

Is the sensor the same Dalsa as used in the Mamiya ZD?

Is there a retail source on the web where I can price medium format backs?

Thanks for any help.

This forum is great, and seems to be the only place I can get medium format digital info (including for instance the Sinar site which has no specs on the Hy6 or prices. Some of there retail referrals like Sammy's camera don't even list Sinar on their sites.)

Best,

Mitchell

Mitchell

Thanks Thierry. that took you 6 minutes. You're slowing down. !:^)

So the Hy6 would work with either the 54LV?

Best,

Mitchell

T

thsinar

Yes, without any problem.

It's 1st of May, today, Mitchell, that's why I slowed down!

;)

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks Thierry. that took you 6 minutes. You're slowing down. !:^)

So the Hy6 would work with either the 54LV?

Best,

Mitchell

jotloob

Subscriber Member
thsinar

Coming from the HASSELBLAD world , I would very much like to know , what type of ZEISS lens is that ? ? ?
Also , the viewfinder looks very much like the old NC-2 prismfinder .

I had the AFI in my hands and could do some shots , but I have not seen this lens and prism finder .

Regards Jürgen

T

thsinar

hi Jürgen,

- Carl Zeiss, Planar 2/110 HFT

- the 45° prism is the adapted 6008 one, available for the Sinar Hy6 (for Leaf AFi as well)

Best regards,
Thierry

thsinar

Coming from the HASSELBLAD world , I would very much like to know , what type of ZEISS lens is that ? ? ?
Also , the viewfinder looks very much like the old NC-2 prismfinder .

I had the AFI in my hands and could do some shots , but I have not seen this lens and prism finder .

Regards Jürgen