The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

examples of mamiya 210mm AF ULD?

kdphotography

It's a good lens. I sold mine after forcing myself to realize I had not used it in quite some time, and then found myself wanting that focal length right after it sold...

Kai Birkigt

Yes, it is a nice lens.

Since autofocus and so of the PhaseOne AFD camera was much slower than the one of the new DF is, I took the Canon 1DS III for fast jobs right away. And I mostly shot slow jobs with the 200/2.8 APO MF because of the one stop more on a tripod.

That's why I am afraid not to have many examples from this lens on the hard disks. I could go out tomorrow taking some shots if you want.

I like the built-in lens hood a lot, you just pull and turn it, fixed!

Kai

gsking

Nope only one version. And that seems to be the going price.

I'm not discerning enough to make comments on its IQ vs. the other lenses like the 200 APO or the 150 3.5. But I have no complaints.

Ebe

Jack's Overview is excellent
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15710
I have the 210AF ULD and find it a good lens.
I somehow use the lens on either side of it more often,
the 300_APO and 150/2.8D
The 210 is small, light, and has a built in hood making it a
excellent choice to put in a backpack while hiking. Like all
lens choices it depends on how and what you shoot.
It is an excellent lens stoped down a stop or more.

faneuil

thanks to all for the helpful info.

off topic.. I am really happy to have found getdpi
I've really been impressed by the talent, good information and general great spirit here.

I've been a member of many other char sites which are so populated by great people but ruined by the handful of a snarky bitter minority.

cheers getdpi !
thanks,
Eric

faneuil

anyone shot the 150 2.8 MANUAL lens? hoping to hear it compares favorably to the new 150 2.8 AF version.

I seem to be cleaning out KEH of manual mamiya 645 lenses. Too many years of Hasselblad price nose bleeds to stand not buying every mamiya manual 645 lens in sight!

eric

robmac

I shoot M645 glass (80/1.9, 120/4, 150/2.8 and 200 APO) on my 1Ds2, and love the manual 150/2.8. The new D version is apparently stunning but the manual version is very sharp . Great CA control, bokeh and that nice color tonality of M645. The lens has started to become a bit of a cult fave (as have many M645 lenses) with SLR shooters on FM's alt board after some M645 shooters, self included, made the mistake of suggesting people consider them vs other Alts. Prices on some lenses have started to climb accordingly, so if you a 150/2.8 at a decent price - buy it

Last edited:

faneuil

thanks -- bought the manual 150 2.8 and 200 4.0 with intention to compare and possible return one. funny, I was also eyeing the 120 macro.

thanks
Eric