The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CapturOne 4.1 Beta Preview

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Hello I have been working with the new Capture One 4.1 beta today and I can see some significant improvements right off the bat.
• Ability to shoot tethered with PhaseOne digital backs. You can not only hook one up have at least (2) digital backs connected at once and choose which one you want to use by a drop down menu.
• Preview generation while shooting tethered is down to 3 seconds on our MacPro 3.0 8-Core machine vs about 11 seconds with 3.7.8 on the same machine.
• Hot folder is enabled so users of DSLRS can designate a folder to be watched and captured images will appear in preview area of CaptureOne.
• yes it supports ZD files.

As we come across any other significant changes we will keep you up to date.
Not sure of the public release date yet.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
Capture Integration
[email protected]

tom in mpls

Lance, thanks for bringing up a discussion on this software. I am confused about the differences and relative merits of 4.0 vs Pro. I have used both, and they are very different. I am used to the workflo of Pro. I have used 4.0 only a bit, so I do not have a good feel for it's pluses and minuses.

Can you help me understand their differences?

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Lance, thanks for bringing up a discussion on this software. I am confused about the differences and relative merits of 4.0 vs Pro. I have used both, and they are very different. I am used to the workflo of Pro. I have used 4.0 only a bit, so I do not have a good feel for it's pluses and minuses.

Can you help me understand their differences?

When CaptureOne 4.0LE was released it was just a processing application ,it did not have the ability to tether and such. Now with 4.1 they are adding tethering.
Still not in there are the tools like Color Editior, Moire Mask and Stitching to name a few.

I am very impressed with 4.1beta and cannot wait to start doing my demos with it. I will still used it side by side with 3.78 in some scenarios where I need those tools.

L
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
Capture Integration , Phase One Dealer of the Year
[email protected]

tom in mpls

Does 4.1 replace the old LE?

The interface of 4.0 is so dramatically different from Pro. As I recall when I owned LE, it looked much like the Pro version.