The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sanho Hyperdrive Album and 3FR files - any experience here?

Udo

Greetings to all,

I am planning a trip through US Canyon national parks and think about backing up captures taken with a H4D-50. The MacBook Pro comes to mind immediately plus an external drive to double all the data. But considering weight I am looking for an alternative, e.g. the recently launched Sanho Hyperdrive Album which is said to support (storing only or even displaying?) 3FR files.

Does anyone of you have experience with this device? I'd appreciate your inputs.

Thanks and best regards,
Udo

T

tetsrfun

Greetings to all,

I am planning a trip through US Canyon national parks and think about backing up captures taken with a H4D-50. The MacBook Pro comes to mind immediately plus an external drive to double all the data. But considering weight I am looking for an alternative, e.g. the recently launched Sanho Hyperdrive Album which is said to support (storing only or even displaying?) 3FR files.

Does anyone of you have experience with this device? I'd appreciate your inputs.

Thanks and best regards,
Udo
Are you considering not taking the MacBook??? If the Mac is going then external drive is best bet, IMO.

I think not taking the Mac would be a mistake. Maybe for a pro it wouldn't needed but as a hobbyist, I always download the day's files in the evening to see what worked and what didn't. Especially if I have invested miles, time and money to get to the location.

Steve

Udo

Steve,

you're right, for exactly that reason I purchased the MacBook and that would be clearly my preference solution. Having another 2kg in my backpack besides the camera equipment won't be the problem for the transatlantik flight, but I am not certain about the domestic flights from Washington to Las Vegas and back. The Vertex 200's size won't be the problem but probably its weight.

Regards,
Udo

T

tetsrfun

Steve,

you're right, for exactly that reason I purchased the MacBook and that would be clearly my preference solution. Having another 2kg in my backpack besides the camera equipment won't be the problem for the transatlantik flight, but I am not certain about the domestic flights from Washington to Las Vegas and back. The Vertex 200's size won't be the problem but probably its weight.

Regards,
Udo
I rarely fly domestically now, I would rather drive 10k km and have all of my stuff in the car. I wouldn't think that a laptop would be an issue especially if it is a small separate case. A frequent flyer should know the latest BS for carry-on and advise you.

How many days are you driving around the West??? I am sure that you will have a great time!!

Steve