The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Back DR example

gsking

nothing so new here, negative B/W always had about 3-4 stops more range than the print
So, this begets the academic question. When scanning said B/W...or using a MFDB, for that matter...what's the best way to capture all that detail?

I've done two "pulls" from my MFDB to get two exposures to blend, and I may have done the same thing with my scanner. But that's a lot of seemingly extra effort. Is there a C1 feature I'm missing?

As an aside, I find Photomatix does great tone mapping, and makes this sort of HDR much more appealing. You can go realistic or painterly, just as in the above examples. Or worse, if the spirit moves you. :rolleyes:

S

SCHWARZZEIT

Kevin, can you show some 100% crops to see how the files take this amount of processing?

-Dominique

Geoff

Dynamic range from an interior shot - the stiff contrast of diffuse light and direct. Issue was how would it hold the shadow detail?

Very little PP - a bit of highlight recovery in C1.

shot with Schneider 60 mm and Leaf 7 back. Seems sharp enough. (hope the post is correctly done).

Last edited: