The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ISO 800 - some Sinar eMotion 75 samples (2)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
BTW i used Fetch to get it on my Mac. well check it out or maybe i should just let it sit there. LOL

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guy and Jack...

Thanks especially to you guys for making this forum the "go to" forum for medium format. Seems like old times on the Fredmiranda board and the early DMR threads. Only problem is that those threads cost me a lot of money.

I think we need a header or pop-up that opens when you select the medium format forum. It should say...

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!!
:ROTFL: For sure on the dangerous territory warning.

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, we're trying hard to get the old style of discussion back in place and so far we seem to be doing pretty good :) But the truth is, it is the outstanding participant base here at GetDPI that makes it work so well... So in truth, it is us who need to thank all of you. So THANK YOU!

Cheers,

LJL

BTW i used Fetch to get it on my Mac. well check it out or maybe i should just let it sit there. LOL
Guy,
Thierry is correct....you may want to hold off a bit, as impulse could easily overtake any remaining rational sanity you might have :D

What impresses me quite a bit is just how much this file can be pushed around with corrections. You can get it to look ugly, meaning blotchy noise, blocked up shadows, etc., but you will be setting controls way off the charts to get there, for the most part, and then it still does not look bad.

I noticed that this had gone through the Brumbear application, and am not sure what differences that may make, and if eXposure from Sinar has these baked in now, but it is nice. It looks a couple stops or more underexposed, so you will have to push to open things up, but it holds up nicely.

Yep...lock down your credit cards and wallet, Guy, this is going to make you drool :ROTFL:

LJ

T

thsinar

Yes LJ, this file can be pushed a lot: when I shot it his morning, I did purposely under-expose (as you say, by at least one stop), to see how far I can go with it. I was surprised myself, to be honest. And I did only very quick and "dirty" corrections, am sure that one can get out even more of it.

Thierry

What impresses me quite a bit is just how much this file can be pushed around with corrections. You can get it to look ugly, meaning blotchy noise, blocked up shadows, etc., but you will be setting controls way off the charts to get there, for the most part, and then it still does not look bad.

It looks a couple stops or more underexposed, so you will have to push to open things up, but it holds up nicely.

LJ

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Ah crap i looked at it, I am starting to scratch now. Seriously though at ISO 800 that is just flat out damn good. I cannot even come close with the ZD ISO 200 is about really the tops for it but there is also a big price difference to and like anything else you get what you pay for it. But the good part is we are certainly above the 35mm curve

Guy Mancuso

:ROTFL: For sure on the dangerous territory warning.

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, we're trying hard to get the old style of discussion back in place and so far we seem to be doing pretty good :) But the truth is, it is the outstanding participant base here at GetDPI that makes it work so well... So in truth, it is us who need to thank all of you. So THANK YOU!

Cheers,
My thoughts exactly well said partner. BTW thanks for cleaning up the MF section.

Guy Mancuso

Should we start a pool to see how long before someone buys? I'm betting on Guy in 14 days.

I've got to stop day dreaming about one of these, and get some work done.

Great forum.

Best,

Mitchell
Tell me about it , i am getting nothing done .

gogopix

Subscriber
well, I just checked back at some of my P45+ ISO 800 shots, and not a one is usable.
in my Hy6 vs H3D, there of course is also the HB CF option (or what ever its called for the H2)
but these are impressive.

now, if you could just get that bacxk a bit SMALLER.....:D

Rethmeier

So, is it a consensus the 2nd generation e75lv's high ISO is as good as P30+ and H3DII-31 ?
I agree totally.
As good or better as any of the other high-end backs!

Now,I would like to see, 30 seconds @ 800 ASA.

That would interest me even more.

Cheers,

Willem.

BJNY

As good or better as any of the other high-end backs!
I've avoided using anything but ISO 100 on a June2007-vintage e75lv.
so if true, that's quite a turnabout Sinar has achieved.

Let's see if others here agree. P30+ & H3DII-31 users, please chime in.

Last edited:
T

thsinar

I don't know Aperture, Billy, no experience with it at all.

Thierry

Thierry,
Is there any advantage gained from processing the DNG in eXposure as opposed to Aperture, etc.

T

thsinar

Billy,

ACR, LR, Raw Developer, Aperture, etc ... are DNG compatible softwares to post-process the files: eXposure is a capturing software and DNG Converter (writer), which does not pretend to have all the tools those DNG applications have.

Have to go and catch my flight now,
Thierry

Sinar AG must have a stance
whether or not processing in eXposure will yield superior results
compared to AR, Aperture, Lightroom, etc.

LJL

Wow....something strange here. I was reading Thierry's replies to Billy's questions in posts #54 and #55, and realized that there was no post for Billy's questions to begin with that show up in this thread. I noticed the same thing when Guy replied to some posted question....the original question/post was not there either. Am I hallucinating, or did some posts accidentally get trashed? (I checked, and no, I do not have anybody's posts in "ignore" mode.) Anybody else notice this? Wonder if something got lost when Guy and Jack moved things, or something to consolidate the original threads....hmmm.

LJ

LJL

You're not hallucinating, LJL.
I was in the process of making some revisions when Thierry quoted me,
so I saw no need in keeping my original post.
Thanks. I thought that could have been a possibility, but had to ask, since it all seemed so strange to see a reply to a question that was no longer there ;)

LJ

BJNY

now, if you could just get that bacxk a bit SMALLER.....:D
My wish is for the 2nd Generation e75lv to capture faster than 1 frame every 1.5 seconds.
Leaf's Aptus 75S / AFi-7 can do one frame every 1.1 seconds, a huge difference when photographing people.