The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format accessories

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just had a idea when mentioning the WhiBal cards. Now being a newbie to MF digital . I shot MF film all my career but this is different and requires different tools . Be nice to maybe talk about some of the accessories out there that are very useful to MF digital shooters.

Now one is the WhiBal cards and i use them a lot in all my digital shooting
http://www.pictureflow.com/products/whibal/index.html
They have different sizes for various applications like studio and field work. These are very accurate and work really well.

Any other accessories?

irakly

nothing has changed since i moved to a digital back except fo now i carry spare batteries and a charger instead of two spare backs and a led pouch with film. other than that, converting to digital was completely seamless.

Graham Mitchell

I can't think of anything special either, other than perhaps a backup disk to backup files on location BEFORE you pack up, and a grey card.

fotografz

My firewire 800 Hasselblad Image Bank allows me to shoot 1000 images to it, and back up a CF card. I can delegate as many as I want into discrete folders, and each is protected from curruption should a bad apple make inside : -)

Of interest to landscape shooters are the GPS add-ons now becoming available.

LCD screen protectors and hoods are useful for outdoor shooting ... I now use a Hoodman Loop viewer for close inspection of the LCD in bright light.

gogopix

Subscriber
I find
lock picks
safe tumbler stethoscopes
car door jimmys
and rope

quite usefil MF accessories

:toocool:

oh, and of couse-

....... a ski mask!

atanabe

A light weight, compact monopod. I found a Gitzo carbon fiber one that fits in my bag (14" compacted) and is light enough to carry around. With MF, the mirror and other vibrations affect slow shutter speeds (1/60) and below. Being vertically challenged at 5'5" the weight/size of this monopod fits my need. As with any accessory, the weight or bulkiness may preclude taking them out shooting unless you have a sherpa. A tripod is nice, but can be awkward to set up with people around.

David K

Workshop Member
I think something to shade the screen for better viewing is a valuable accessory. When I had the Aptus I picked up a Canham shade for it and it helped a lot. With the Sinar back I'll probably order myself one of those Hoodman HoodLoupe viewers.

Clawery

Here is a link to a few items that we carry that come in handy sometimes.
The laptop screen shade is essential when shooting outdoors or in a bright room.

http://www.captureintegration.com/solutions/featuredproduct/

I also find a good portable FireWire card reader and hard drive are key. I just purchased a LaCie Rugged 160GB that is FireWire 800/400 and USB 2.0. The FireWire is worth the extra money, because of the speed.

http://www.lacie.com/products/range.htm?id=10036

I also recommend Digiclean, a blower bulb for cleaning your sensor, a microfiber cloth, an extra FireWire/ USB cable and batteries.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Chris that laptop screen looks nice. Maybe Lance can bring one to San Juan to demo . Actually i will buy one and just write him a check there 15 inch macbook pro

gogopix

Subscriber
Here's my latest MF accessory...weell, you need SOMETHING to transport it! :)

of course, in BLACK

(worlds biggest brakes I think LOL)

BTW, can you tell my camera for this; of course, all black, and small....

[oops, forgot to upload!]

Last edited:

Rethmeier

Nice car Victor!
It will go nicely with a Hy6,don't you think?

N.B Isn't the speed limit in the US 55MPH?

Cheers,

Willem.

gogopix

Subscriber
left out a 1, yes?
top speed is 155
oh, you mean LEGALLY! :ROTFL:

Victor

PS actual top speed closer to 200 but there is a governor at 155. It costs 2000 euro to take off.
Didnt think that was necessary, or wise:D

PeterA

Victor - safe driving - which will be easy to do in that lard arsed shopping trolley ...LOL

irakly

Here's my latest MF accessory...weell, you need SOMETHING to transport it! :)

of course, in BLACK

(worlds biggest brakes I think LOL)

BTW, can you tell my camera for this; of course, all black, and small....

[oops, forgot to upload!]
oh, but of course! successful photographers wear black :ROTFL: