The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF Rain covers

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Any experience or advice on rain covers? This would be for my H3d. The little cooling slots appear to make some sort of cover an essential.

mark1958

Woody move to sunny california so you do not have to worry about it... :) Seriously, i have not had to use this yet on my new H3DII but what I have used in times of rain or snow are the disposable rain coats that are about 2 dollars each. A little cumbersome to shoot but in my case, I have only been in some drizzle or snow, and used the raincoat to carry the camera around and took it off when shooting. Mark

Any experience or advice on rain covers? This would be for my H3d. The little cooling slots appear to make some sort of cover an essential.

Anders_HK

I use either of:

1. Umbrella
2. Any plastic bag which I punch hole at bottom of and thread over lens. Very compact and light weight to carry!

Granted, 2. is a bit more difficult on my 645 AFD than was on my F100 since on Mamiya the hoods are much shorter, thus... I prefer umbrella nowadays.

Regards
Anders

Don Libby

I have a KATA KT E-702 which is plenty big enough to cover a Mamiya AFD II and P30 along with a 28mm lens. I plan on using this on an upcoming trip to Alaska.

don