The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A decision already made

The difference between captureone and camera raw6 is that with camera raw the files are much more clean then captureone... you won't see that amount of noise and you can actually use 200 iso... give a try to camera raw, develop the 400iso with both system, tell me if you see differences... of course can be my eyes, but i see a better looking file.
I use mac, and an Eizo weekly calibrated monitor. No way i'm in the wrong side of the road... :) I'm glad you enjoy the files i shared, it's a very good way to play with files from a P45+. They can help you in your decision alredy made :)

Grayhand

Well I must agree with you that there is some differing between the files. And your favourite is not bad looking :thumbup:

I have been working some more with C1 and thing that I have a slightly better file. I was first more focused on colour than noise on the wall.
If I look at the ISO 50 file, then it is clear that the wall has some kind of yellow tint, so it is not all a result of colour noise at 400 ISO.
So I wonder if you have not “cleaned up” a bit to much in your C1 file :toocool:

But for this kind of pixel peeping of grey concrete walls I normally use Raw Developer.
Then I normally can squeeze a little bit more resolution out of the file. I have tried it a bit and it looks promising.
But my biggest problem here is to convert the file into jpg...

It is not the same picture after the conversion as what I started with. I normally never convert to jpg, I print from tiff-files.
So maybe some one better at handling the conversion would get a better result than me :eek:

But I doubt that much of this difference will be visible in a print of the full picture?

But it is good pictures to try out the P45+

Ray