The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D60? for david grover...

markowich

david,
is there anything that you can already tell us about your tests with the H4D60? when will it be out...finallly?
thanks, peter

Hi Peter,

For Sure!

I had some short time with my first H4D60. Then we made some changes to image handling, a few other technical things.

Image quality is staggering of course. Loads of small pixels - to be expected really!

My second 60 has literally just dropped through the door, which has had multiple improvements over the first one.

So based on my experience with this unit (several have gone out to testers today) we should be in good shape to speak about delivery.

I am travelling all next week, but I will talk more when I get the chance.

David

At the moment if an HCD lens is detected, Phocus automatically applies a crop to the lens format.

You can of course remove this if you wish, as the edge performance is pretty good anyway.

There will be some vignetting at tighter apertures with the HCD28 for example.

markowich

At the moment if an HCD lens is detected, Phocus automatically applies a crop to the lens format.

You can of course remove this if you wish, as the edge performance is pretty good anyway.

There will be some vignetting at tighter apertures with the HCD28 for example.
any indication of the crop in the viewfinderß
peter

bdp

Hi David,

Any sample images you can share yet? Particularly at 800ISO in dodgy light? 100% crops, raws to download if possible.....

Ben

I certainly have a few files from a recent trip to Israel and the old city of Jerusalem when I had a couple of hours to spare.

Unfortunately you can't use the Raw files yet as you will need a yet to be released Phocus with full 60 support. Ill rustle up a gallery though shortly.

Paul Spinnler

David, it has been a long time since the P65+ has been out already. Is the chip used in the H4D-60 in any way improved over the one Phase One uses? I mean we're talking more than 18 months of time to improve things? There has also been a factory visit report posted somewhere where the visitor said things about improved long time exposure handling and shadow noise?

Since I ordered a H4D-60 a few months ago, I'd be really **"ç"+%+* if Phase One pushed forward at Photokina with a 80 MP system that again might lead the way in terms of DR, Noise and Resolution ...

Hope Hasselblad's got something in store for the loyalists that waited so long and resisted seduction from Phase!

Kind regards

Paul

David, it has been a long time since the P65+ has been out already. Is the chip used in the H4D-60 in any way improved over the one Phase One uses? I mean we're talking more than 18 months of time to improve things? There has also been a factory visit report posted somewhere where the visitor said things about improved long time exposure handling and shadow noise?

Since I ordered a H4D-60 a few months ago, I'd be really **"ç"+%+* if Phase One pushed forward at Photokina with a 80 MP system that again might lead the way in terms of DR, Noise and Resolution ...

Hope Hasselblad's got something in store for the loyalists that waited so long and resisted seduction from Phase!

Kind regards

Paul

Kind regards

Paul
As far as know the sensors are identical in terms of their performance with regard to noise / DR etc etc.

What we have been working on is improving the overal handling of the sensor. It is quite different to Kodak and therefore requires differently handling on our side.

On a positive note I have been very pleased with the performance of my H4D60 test unit.

I have one more new firmware update to install and a later version of Phocus and this will improve things more again!

Below are a few images from Israel where I was with the 60 last week. When I have everything finalised I can post new images with Raw files.

David

Last edited:

Professional

I can't wait to get mine so push them to release it, i am waiting mine from Europe [Denmark or Holland i think] to send to our local dealer, he told me since May it will be available soon, seems there is delay for releasing it in the market yet.

VICTOR BT

david, a couple from the same place...
with 6x6 b/w in rolleiflex-fx.
as for your 60, i didnt even want to touch it when we met :)

Paul Spinnler

david, thank you, that's good news! I'm so looking forward to this camera! Hope it doesn't exhibit the color cast issues as much as the h3d-50 ...

kind regards!!

Nick-T

david, thank you, that's good news! I'm so looking forward to this camera! Hope it doesn't exhibit the color cast issues as much as the h3d-50 ...

kind regards!!
Hi Paul
Can you expound on this? I haven't heard of any colour cast issues..
Nick-T

Paul Spinnler

well i have the schneider 43 xl and when i used on a cambo rs it exhibited magenta green color casts in each picture, even unshifted. it was really a nuisance. if you wanted a clean shot you always need to make a white shot beforehand... everybody says that dalsa sensors are much better in this respect ...

tjv

Talk about me being green with envy. All you guys waiting must, surely, be in for a treat. I've been shooting my *** off lately with MF film and have been finding, to my amazement actually, that I'm not getting anywhere near enough resolution. I'd get the results I want shooting 5x4" but at $15NZ + tax per sheet to process, cost of drum scanning and having to order the film in from B&H, LF is too rich for my blood. It's a real shame. I did the maths and I spend, in the cost of film and processing, approx the total of an H4D-40 or P45+ kit in three and a half years of shooting at my current pace. Problem is there's no convincing the bank manager during these times. So I'm doomed to running in a horrible vicious circle.

Anyway, enough of that. Looking forward to seeing some results from the new 60mp 'blad. It's exciting seeing how all these systems evolve.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Hi Peter,

For Sure!

I had some short time with my first H4D60. Then we made some changes to image handling, a few other technical things.

Image quality is staggering of course. Loads of small pixels - to be expected really!

My second 60 has literally just dropped through the door, which has had multiple improvements over the first one.

So based on my experience with this unit (several have gone out to testers today) we should be in good shape to speak about delivery.

I am travelling all next week, but I will talk more when I get the chance.

David
David - you left us hanging on delivery dates. Any news?

Regards,