The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Graduate ND filter for Mamiya 28mm D?

topgreat

Hi,

I am getting 28mm D. Is there anyone that tries to use Graduate ND filter such as Lee on this lens? What is a result? I know somebody has successfully put Polarizing filter on it, but I can't find results from using Graduate ND filters.

Thanks,

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Almost impossible, but you can cut the lens cap apart and jury rig a filter.

Personally I process in C1 and then transfer to LR to use it's grad filter. Not the same but pretty good.

The 28D is a great lens, specially when used with C1 corrections.

Bill

baxter

There is a need for ND grads on the 28mm lens.

In soft light the sensor's DR can handle it with a single exposure, otherwise a double exposure or use of ND grads is necessary.

I believe that there is at least one potential solution to get ND grads on the 28mm and am making some enquiries to let me use them on this fantastic lens.

Since the lens is so wide, I would have thought that the polariser looked pretty awful due to the uneven effect across the field of view.