The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just bought a p30+ V mount . But wanted Either H mount or Mamiya

Hey Everyone,
I just bought a p30+ in V mount due to the fact that it was a good deal. However, I wanted either an H mount or a mamiya mount. Does anyone know where I can get the swap done for not an extreme price? Or even better yet, would anyone be willing to trade for the following mounts? I will post an ad in the for sale section as well.

Any help would be awesome!

Thank You,
Eric

kdphotography

I'd talk to Capture Integration to see if they can help---maybe they know someone who is interested in either the back or to swap....

There are always many "good deals" in MFDBs (sorta like women and shoe sales---*oops* did I say that:eek:) but I wouldn't jump on one unless it was exactly what I knew that I wanted..... We've tried to set up a GetDPI gear-slut support group to help members to "Just Say No" but it just hasn't worked very well. :ROTFL:

ken

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Eric,

This is precisely what we warned you about in the other thread with MF gear! That mount swap is going to be around $3000 and Phase is the only company that can do it -- and even then you may have to wait for quite a while to get it done... Now your best bet is a swap with somebody that has what you want, and wants what you have -- and that's probably harder than selling it and buying the right thing to begin with.

Good luck,

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Well at least you didn't "waste the money" on the rental :p.

As I stated over at Luminous the best way to proceed is to find the best equipment for your needs and then find a deal. If you instead you choose to "find a deal" and then evaluate whether it works for your needs you often run into unforeseen issues.

And trusting yourself to a dealer doesn't hurt either - For you it's the first time you've selected a MF kit for your needs. For us it's the XXXXth time we've helped a photographer select a MF kit for their needs.

That all said, we were glad to get your call today and hope that we can figure something out for you.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

kdphotography

Wait! I got it all figured out for you Eric!

Great summer sale promotion going on right now! Add $9,990 and upgrade yourself to a P40+ ---or add $19,990 to upgrade to a P65+!

Hey! It's a *sale* and good deal! :D

Okay, so I got kicked out of the support group....but it does say at the Forum entrance "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here."

Seriously, you'll enjoy MF digital once you get everything worked out the way you like. :thumbup:

Call Doug.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ken, I may need to change your user title to "Resident Enabler"

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Don Libby

Ken is having way too much fun at this makes me think he might be off his meds again.

Oh - I'd like to third the motion.

Must be the heat but my "little" bro might have something there - upgrade to either a P40 or 65.

Operators are standing by....:ROTFL::ROTFL:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The problem with Ken's solution is that for many of us if we were faced with Eric's problem we would consider the summer sale upgrade path the logical and sound solution - in fact we would be convinced it would be the right thing to do!

T

tetsrfun

This is precisely what we warned you about in the other thread with MF gear! That mount swap is going to be around $3000
If the P30+ was a fantastic deal with a "V" mount, buy some "V"series gear to mount it on. The prices on the used market are very reasonable.

Steve

kdphotography

Lessee here. Jack. Guy. Don. Ken. Let's look inside our collective group photo gear locker.... :eek:

If it weren't for Guy being the Gear Slut Support Group Leader, you all would have been thrown out of the support group too...

:ROTFL:

ken

p.s. Eric, while we're on the subject of your money, has anyone mentioned you need to buy an Arca Swiss Cube? They're on sale right now, in fact, the Anniversary Cube Edition...

(ok, ok---so I'm an enabler....)

Last edited:
T

tetsrfun

If it weren't for Guy being the Gear Slut Support Group Leader,
Is there a grading system to determine the stage of "gear slutia"? Seems as if I am at the stage where when the GF asks "Is that new"...."hah..I've had it for awhile" (at least since the UPS truck was last here)

Steve.

Don Libby

Our UPS driver knows what we drive and waves when he sees us on the road. Come to think about we even got a Christmas card from him!:eek:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If it weren't for Guy being the Gear Slut Support Group Leader,
Is there a grading system to determine the stage of "gear slutia"?
Actually, I believe the proper term for the affliction is "Gearwhoredom." I believe "gearslutia" is the associated medical term for the behavior.

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

PS: When the GF becomes a wife, she won't even ask after year 7. But that's only cause she doesn't want to force you to lie to her...