The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Equal Time - Leaf Aptus 75S

lance_schad

Workshop Member
What I meant to say was that there are no fans or extra ventilation needed, therefore there is extreme durability with the Phase One Backs. The sleeping architecture will though provide exposures of up to one hour and very low noise at all exposures.

Also you it is good to know if you by chance put your back in an easybake oven for a half hour or out in the frozen tundra, it will still work!:D:D:D:D:D

L

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What I meant to say was that there are no fans or extra ventilation needed, therefore there is extreme durability with the Phase One Backs. The sleeping architecture will though provide exposures of up to one hour and very low noise at all exposures.

Also you it is good to know if you by chance put your back in an easybake oven for a half hour or out in the frozen tundra, it will still work!:D:D:D:D:D

L
Hell not sure you can pay me enough to sit in the frozen tundra. I'm too baked from living in the desert.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Seriously though and this is really a concern for me when temps hit 120 here. i kid you not it is not just 1 day of the year but maybe 60 days and your out there and that camera is putting off 160 degrees of heat , this is a concern.

D

DougDolde

Here's one more from Joshua Tree with the 35mm Distagon. I have been so darn busy working that I haven't had much time to shoot with it yet. That's going to change as I'm taking a sabbatical in another week.

D

DougDolde

Jim are all those shots with the Horseman and 35mm lens? They sure do have a exceptional quality.

LJL

I agree. Jim needs to share some of his processing technique with us. Boy are those just smooooooth.
Agreed. There is an incredibly soft tonality across all the shots that almost makes them feel like they are just huge. Hard to explain, but it looks great.

Also a fantastic contrast, both real and figurative, compared to Doug's shots that just keep throwing off one sharp detail after another when looking at them. This is very nice stuff for sure.

LJ

Guy Mancuso

Well it's all about the quality of the light for a lot of it but yes the Aptus does have nice tonal ranges

JimCollum

Jim are all those shots with the Horseman and 35mm lens? They sure do have a exceptional quality.
not all.. the pano series is Horseman.

The Golden Gate sots are Mamiya 80mm and 150mm.

The Fort Point inside shot is Zeiss 40mm Distagon

Most of the Gladding shots were with the Zeiss 40mm Distagon as well

I didn't have the Horseman at Gladding or Fort Point.