The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

yesterday

irakly

i totally needed a crane for this shot, but did not have one :(
c645, 3.5/55, p25

oh... it's called "bloody mary" :)

irakly

Where do you get those wonderful models?
i don't know... they either call, or email me. most girls, however, have a little bit skewed opinion about their beauty and/or want me to do head shots and comp cards. those i ditch immediately. some, for an utterly unknown reason, think that i must shoot them for free. yeah, right.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, especially in that regard.
-bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You have women calling you and asking you to take pictures of them sans clothes and then you charge them for it? You are my new hero irakly!

irakly

Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You have women calling you and asking you to take pictures of them sans clothes and then you charge them for it? You are my new hero irakly!
hahaha, well, i guess, i am so used to it that it is only after you said it that i realized how strange the situation is :) same about my students: my wife once said looking at photos from an advanced course on photographic style: "i cannot believe that people actually pay you for THIS"

David K

Workshop Member
I find myself in the awkward position of agreeing with someone's wife... certainly never happens with my own :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmmm,
I could consider paying women to look at my pictures...
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
That is for sure. When i did my gig doing fashion in the older days , it certainly was a lot fun but don't let anyone kid you . This is hard work even as pleasant as it may seem there is a lot to deal with in this business.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
That is for sure. When i did my gig doing fashion in the older days , it certainly was a lot fun but don't let anyone kid you . This is hard work even as pleasant as it may seem there is a lot to deal with in this business.
Maybe the sign of a real pro when they make it look easy (and fun).

irakly

tell me about it... i got really disillusioned in all this fashion thing when shooting backstage i saw one runway model piercing another girl's foot with her stiletto shoe because they had a disagreement on who is gonna go first.