The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how big a print before I see

Don Libby

David

I've been using a Leica M9 since February and just recently began doing test images of both the M9 and my P45+. One of the first test prints I did from the M9 was a 20x30 which I felt was rather good.

I uncertain exactly what the size limits will be on the M9 however I feel that the 20x30 will more than likely be the largest I'll make. I say that not as a limiting factor to the M9 abilities rather than my own personal preference to not print 35mm any larger especially when I have the P45+.

I did a resolution test while in Yosemite in February between the M9 and P45+ and was very impressed with the results the M gave me at 100% crops.

Hope this helps

Don