The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's the little things!

engel001

Nice find! As far as I can tell, the firewire 360 adapter only comes in white. There are others for USB, mini USB and 4-pin firewire, as well as HDMI and some of those come in black. You can get these off eBay or directly from their website ($12.95 vs. $12):
http://www.lindy-usa.com

Moderator: If this passes practical testing, consider moving this thread to the unfortunately dormant MF Tip and Tricks thread?

GRW

Never had a connection failure yet, well not one thats been due to the fitting. Works an absolute treat. No idea how it works but it's downright brilliant. Used mine for about 45 -50 shoots now and still going strong

Unfortunately I don't think it comes in black, but I'm sure if you stole the wifes black nail varnish you could give it a nice makeover!

Double Negative

Not Available
Anybody know of some "slim profile" 800/800 (or even 800/400) FireWire cables? I picked one up from my usual source (mycablemart) but the molded connector is just a hair too fat, making use with the CFV a pain. I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll just use a razor blade and shave it down a touch. I think the problem is, the cable is just too robust. I need a cheap one! :D