The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad/Fujinon

JCVG

Hello, my name is JC and I am a MF addict.

I've made the mistake of reading this MF thread few months ago. So I just ordered a H4D40 with 4 lenses (28, 50, 100, 150).

I've seen the "Dante" quote too late, better to write it B I G for the others.

I found on Ebay many H lenses to sell under the brand "Fujinon/Hasselblad". They are usually much cheaper than the Hassy and I'm wondering if there is any difference between the Hasselblad H and the Fujinon/Hasselblad lenses?

I need to buy more lenses. :ROTFL:

Nick-T

I found on Ebay many H lenses to sell under the brand "Fujinon/Hasselblad". They are usually much cheaper than the Hassy and I'm wondering if there is any difference between the Hasselblad H and the Fujinon/Hasselblad lenses?

As far as I know lenses made for the Fuji 645 (Fuji branded H) are compatible with H camera bodies, I'll ask around and confirm for you.
Nick-T

David K

Workshop Member
JC, welcome to the forum and an especially warm one for co-addicts :) Good to see people from other parts of the world joining our group. Look forward to seeing some photos if you decide to actually use your gear... :)

fotografz

Hello, my name is JC and I am a MF addict.

I've made the mistake of reading this MF thread few months ago. So I just ordered a H4D40 with 4 lenses (28, 50, 100, 150).

I've seen the "Dante" quote too late, better to write it B I G for the others.

Welcome to financial Hell JC !

I think you are going to LOVE the H4D/40 ... I've been shooting with one for a while now.

I'm the one who introduced the Dante's Inferno quote, because I live there and misery loves company :ROTFL:

You ONLY have 4 lenses? What a piker! Small potatoes ... you need to get going my man. You are a dirt bag unless you have the 210 and 300, and 35-90, and 120 macro, and HTS/1.5 and 1.7X.

BTW, I'd check that the firmware in the Fujinon lenses is compatible with the Hassey H4D camera version. If anyone can find that out Nick-T can.

I've decided to sell my car and use a bicycle to go to photo shoot jobs so I can afford the 35-90 zoom. That's only because the Blood Bank won't let me sell them my blood anymore.

-Marc

kdphotography

You ONLY have 4 lenses? What a piker! Small potatoes ... you need to get going my man. You are a dirt bag unless you have the 210 and 300, and 35-90, and 120 macro, and HTS/1.5 and 1.7X.

-Marc
Marc, I can't believe that Jack calls me the resident enabler...

:ROTFL:

ken

JCVG

JC, welcome to the forum and an especially warm one for co-addicts :) Good to see people from other parts of the world joining our group. Look forward to seeing some photos if you decide to actually use your gear... :)
Thanks David but I'm not sure I'll use this camera, it's too heavy and too expensive but I just feel good to have one. Anyway if I ever use it I'll post some pics here. :D

I think you are going to LOVE the H4D/40 ... I've been shooting with one for a while now.

I'm the one who introduced the Dante's Inferno quote, because I live there and misery loves company :ROTFL:

BTW, I'd check that the firmware in the Fujinon lenses is compatible with the Hassey H4D camera version. If anyone can find that out Nick-T can.

I've decided to sell my car and use a bicycle to go to photo shoot jobs so I can afford the 35-90 zoom. That's only because the Blood Bank won't let me sell them my blood anymore.

-Marc
Thank you Marc! Actually my camera will arrive in 1 or 2 weeks. Meantime I can use the H4D40 demo camera from my dealer during the week end. I love it already! Good advise indeed about the firmware, I'll wait Nick-T answer. :thumbs:

BTW, don't sell your car! I'm sure you can sell some organs you don't really need (think about it). On my side I've sold 80% of my brain as they say we use only 10% and as a result now I can spend all my money without any remorse.

Pathetic! Where are the extension tubes! The 35mm?

Oh of course a must have lens is the Zeiss 1700mm f4 (not a typo):

http://www.gizmag.com/go/6147/picture/26999/
Nick the 1700mm F4 seems to be a nice lens to add to my collection. Easy to handle (only 256Kg) and quite small too! But can I use the 1.7 teleconverter + the extension tubes on it? Because I like to shoot butterflies and flowers and it seems to be the perfect lens for that.

It sounds like you've got the MF gear-slut support group intro down...

:ROTFL:
Indeed! :)