The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How best to configure a camera for Phase one P65+

hcubell

I second derek and don. I use the screen for highlights and histogram. I've never been bothered by the phase one screens....I was also a long time film user in a past life. Eleanor
That's all I use the LCD for on my Phase back. It's useless for anything else. I personally would love to have a large, high res LCD with Live View. I think of it as a digital Polaroid that I could use to carefully check critical focus and evaluate composition in the field. I find it really hard to make a compelling photograph. I need all the help I can get. I was long time skier on "pencil" skis in a past life, but I wouldn't think of skiing on anything other than shaped skis today.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I can actually honestly say that the P65+ is more than adequate for everything that I shoot 80% of the time; the Canon picks up the rest.

But for a landscape shooter, I just don't think the quest for more and more ever stops....

So that just means I'll be there as an enabler for Don when that P90+ comes out.... :angel: :D

ken
This seems to be where I"m at .. I just can't get enough.

A couple "reasons" (and I use that word pretty loosely, more a case of self justification). one, now that I'm using mostly primes, the ability to crop becomes more important. Most images will not utilize the full 59mp of my p65+.

Second, in the quest for quality I thought I was getting there until I visited Rodney Lough's gallery in city center Las Vegas and saw his images taken with 8x10 film ... I was completely amazed and will no longer claim my p65+ is even in the same game as these images. I'm no where close to that once I get to around 50", let alone larger sizes.

Not to mislead, it's not like I"m not pretty delighted with what I have now, but never can seem to get enough. I long for a camera that can provide me in a single capture an image will print a 72" pano that would be close to what 8x10 film can deliver.

That's not asking too much is it? :)