The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Horseman SW D II question

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Is anyone using an Hasselblad H back on a Horseman SWDII? With the 35mm Digitar? With the 28mm Digitar?

Are there problems with color shifts?

Thanks!

JimCollum

Is anyone using an Hasselblad H back on a Horseman SWDII? With the 35mm Digitar? With the 28mm Digitar?

Are there problems with color shifts?

Thanks!
i'm using it, the 35mm digitar on a aptus 75s. on extreme shifts, i get a color shift.. but the software easily takes care of it

haven't tried the 28mm yet.

i have a H adapter for it.. so if anyone's in the santa cruz, san jose area with an H back and wants to try.. i'm willing to meet

lance_schad

Workshop Member
With the H back I believe there is a setting "custom white balance".
Here is a excerpt from the Flexcolor 4.0 manual:
"Custom White Calibration
The Custom White calibration can be used to compensate for cast effects
introduced by wide angle lenses or tilt settings. This is done by adjusting
the factory white calibration based on an actual capture made with the
exact lens and tilt settings that you need to use.
To perform the calibration click the Custom White... button and follow the
directions given in the appeaaring window."

I believe you can create it similar to the phase by holding a white piece of plexi in front of the lens with the aperture opened about two stops. This will create a file that maps the light falloff. You should create one for each type of movement made.

We have a new product that I'll will post the link when it is up on our site to aid in creating an LCC on PhaseOne backs, but it should work on any other system where you want to create a map of the light hitting the chip, for custom gray and white balances. Similar to an expo disc.

If you would like to rent the Horseman with the 35 Rodenstock and 24mm Digitar email me and we can set something up. You can also apply the rental towards an eventual purchase.

L
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
Capture Integration
My Blog
[email protected]

gogopix

Subscriber
Lance
I need to see how lenses work on the alpa.
do you have a 'rental appliued' deal for S and R lenses for the Alpa. I want to try the 47 and 60 maybe even the 72

i may just buy the 24

However, I also would like some input on S vs R lenses.

regards
Victro

PeterA

As a long time user of Alpa - I have to say I am unimpressed with the price one has to pay for each new iteration of the same basic design. It seems to me that the Horseman with it in built vertical and horisontal shifts offers a very good value proposition to users - especially since it is the same Schneider or Rodenstock glass hanging off the system.
I believe that existing Alpa mounted glass can be re- set to Horseman mount - if this is the case then the barrier to exit has become negligible for owners of this very expensive glass.

Regarding longer focal lengths - I am smiling at the notion - better alternative would be to just by a Linhoff dedicated panorama outfit and scan the film! At least you get a rangefinder with this camera - of epic base length proportions and therefore focussing accuracy.

The 612 0r big boy 617 are definitely must haves for the landscape shooter - fondle factor is very high !! LOL

here i am with a tiny dwarf system in XPan feeling undersized. However, a decent wide on a big boy MFD allows for very nice panorama crops and if you use the Horseman..excellent stitching capability..

choices choices choices..