The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Places to Learn MF Dedicated Software

Professional

Pffffewwheewww.. I am glad the images that were mine in one of the editions had Phocus around them :) Would hate to be pictured as a liar that doesn't use the things he says he does. Though they still could have been made with a Nikon.

Exif data doesn't say much indeed, there can be a variety of reasons exif doesn't tell the whole story.

Who cares anyway. If the guy mentions he uses brand X primarily, he is probably using something else too. Aren't we all?
Yes, Great to shoot with Olympus and then going to Mamiya threads and mentioning that Mamiya is the best and the shot done by "Olympus" was great reason why i used Mamiya something.
Good that i drive Ferrari for races even in fact i drive only BMW, so i will go to Ferrari company with my BMW and announcing that Ferrari is such an amazing car, so that why i drive BMW.

fotografz

Yes, Great to shoot with Olympus and then going to Mamiya threads and mentioning that Mamiya is the best and the shot done by "Olympus" was great reason why i used Mamiya something.
Good that i drive Ferrari for races even in fact i drive only BMW, so i will go to Ferrari company with my BMW and announcing that Ferrari is such an amazing car, so that why i drive BMW.
LOL!

On the site you can see the Flash version of the page, but you can also download the PDF version of the issue (button on the low left, you can choose pdf edition or a jpg picture). Then open the pdf edition with Adobe Acrobat Pro and choose a picture of them and open it for edit in Photoshop, and you can cleary see that its NIKON and not Hasselblad of the Aston Martin picture. You can also see the other pictures of the edition and you will see its Hasselblad but not them of the AstonMartin series... so you can prove it...

Ok, lets clear this up once and for all.

I have spoken to the photographer Tim Wallace on the phone just now, and none of the shots were captured by Nikon, all Hasselblad.

Also if you look at the meta data it says that the lens was set to 28mm. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that that image was not shot with a 28mm lens.

Some of these were specifically for Victor, and I think you would assume that the photographer would be using a Hasselblad.

So I would expect the error to be with Adobe.

Please remove your posts or edit them.

David

ptomsu

Workshop Member
WOW

so much heated discussion about NOTHING ????

Am I seeing something wrong?

Anyone who shoots a Hasselblad knows about the qualities of this camera - no need to argue in ANY forum!

Why are Hasselblad owners rather shooting than posting? Guess ....

Best regards

Peter

thomas

Sorry an error with Adobe? All other pictures of the publication has Hasselblad metadata... and all Aston Martin have Nikon metadata even not always the same Nikon camera... sorry thats almost impossible of such an Adobe error.
I think David clarified the story. Would be a matter of kind goodwill to remove your posts about this totally marginal topic...

Sorry an error with Adobe? All other pictures of the publication has Hasselblad metadata... and all Aston Martin have Nikon metadata even not always the same Nikon camera... sorry thats almost impossible of such an Adobe error.
I am not quite sure what you are hoping to achieve?

I spoke to the photographer, he says it is not shot with a Nikon. End of Story.

He has no reason to lie. He does many activities with Hasselblad UK regarding the use of his Hasselblad.

Either way, the meta data is incorrectly shown. We can discuss why this might be the case, but it has nothing to do with Tim using one camera and saying he is using another.

David

PeterA

This is pixel peeking at its finest! :ROTFL: or when is a factoid not a fact? When is metadata not metadata? So many questions and so much drama!!

Re Exposure or Capture Shop/
+ 1 for Sinar dealer in Sydney - Dave is a champion and a fair dinkum photographer to boot!

Pete

fotografz

WOW

so much heated discussion about NOTHING ????

Am I seeing something wrong?

Anyone who shoots a Hasselblad knows about the qualities of this camera - no need to argue in ANY forum!

Why are Hasselblad owners rather shooting than posting? Guess ....

Best regards

Peter
322 H4D/40 shots between 11:30AM and 4:00PM yesterday, 28mm, 50mm, 100mm, 210mm, and a dozen or so with the HTS/1.5 ... how about you?

Forum fun is for R&R breaks in post-processing :ROTFL:

-Marc

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes get back to software folks.

BTW no better way to learn is by doing it . No book is going to cut it here. Maybe a plug but so be it. You need one on one instruction and no 60 mpx back is going to cover up bad processing. We ARE they lab now

Professional

You might also want to check out Lynda.com
Yes, i like Lynda videos tutorials very much, very informative and easy to follow.

In fact i wish i to have someone to teach me about Phocus and C1, i read the manuals or PDF or whatever about those two, but i feel there are more areas i would like to learn about those two.

I apologise in hijacking this thread once more, but Tim just called me again, concerned after reading the thread.

We discussed the meta data issue and a couple of the shots are composite images, which perhaps might explain the Nikon data showing. For example the grass in the Morgan shot which was shown above.

Attached is a screen grab of some of the Morgan shots.

Tim has only be going for a few years and has built up his portfolio from scratch. When I spoke to him earlier today he was at the Jaguar factory here in the UK. As I said at the start its not nice to read comments about yourself which are untrue.

It is also of no surprise to all of us that as well as owning a Hasselblad, Tim would also use a Nikon if it was better for purpose on a job.

I hope this is all cleared up now and the thread can return to normal business.

Sorry Guy and Jack!

David

Professional

I apologise in hijacking this thread once more, but Tim just called me again, concerned after reading the thread.

We discussed the meta data issue and a couple of the shots are composite images, which perhaps might explain the Nikon data showing. For example the grass in the Morgan shot which was shown above.

Attached is a screen grab of some of the Morgan shots.

Tim has only be going for a few years and has built up his portfolio from scratch. When I spoke to him earlier today he was at the Jaguar factory here in the UK. As I said at the start its not nice to read comments about yourself which are untrue.

It is also of no surprise to all of us that as well as owning a Hasselblad, Tim would also use a Nikon if it was better for purpose on a job.

I hope this is all cleared up now and the thread can return to normal business.

Sorry Guy and Jack!

David
Thank you very much for clarification, David!

I apologize about what i posted so far, and i respect all photographers no matter what, but honestly speaking i don't respect liars even it is for business/commercial reasons.

JSK Rangefinder

You might also want to check out Lynda.com
Don, I agree Lynda.com is worth the money.. they have 3D stuff, Architecture, Music & Video Recording and much more covered.. plus I don't have to carry manuals/books or keep organizing thousands of bookmarks.. the only thing I miss is more time to learn it all :thumbup:

T

Tim Wallace

Thank you very much for clarification, David!

I apologize about what i posted so far, and i respect all photographers no matter what, but honestly speaking i don't respect liars even it is for business/commercial reasons.
Hi strangely I take exception to being branded a liar all because striped data on some files that you are apparently downloading???? do not read as you expected...

My portfolio that I have built up from scratch since starting my business 3 years ago was featured in Victor which was of course a great honour for me but it does represent a cross section of work since I started and is not an advertisement for the H3? I use both a H3 and Nikon in my work, which is dependant on the job and the output required, I'm happy to post the raws on here but really don't see that as productive as surely the photography is whats being looked at rather then peaking at EXIF data. The one that you choose has a composite element that was shot on the D3s however the main shot of the Morgan was done alongside the others that were recently posted on here showing the RAWs, why? well because it was Charles Morgans own car and I need that colour or indeed lightness of it to achieve the IR feel result I was looking for creatively...

I can only apologise that my EXIF does not live up to your expectations but hope the hard work and creativity that I have put into my work possibly has.

Thanks
Tim Wallace

Don Libby

Hi Tim and welcome to what is normally a very nice place to be. It's sad that your first post addresses what really should be a non issue. People somtimes jump to conclusions without properly investigating which leads to all sorts of problems.

I've followed your work for some time now and hope you share here.

Don

Now can we please return to the original intent of Doug's post?