The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus 2.5.2 is out

thomas

So how can i be sure that i have Phocus 2.5.2 even it is written if you are saying that 2.5.1 is on that downloaded file from the website?
well, simply look at one of your first H4D60 captures that showed the weird artifacts in Phocus in 2.5 (1). If they show up without artifacts it's obviously the version that supports the H4D60.
Too, in the preferences there is an option to deactivate the auto-crop for the H4D60 ... so if this option is there, it must be the correct version.

Last edited:

Professional

well, simply look at one of your first H4D60 captures that showed the weird artifacts in Phocus in 2.5 (1). If they show up without artifacts it's obviously the version that supports the H4D60.
Too, in the preferences there is an option to deactivate the auto-crop for the H4D60 ... so if this option is there, it must be the correct version.
It was 2.5.1 definitely, but i was meaning, how can i know after i downloaded the new Phocus 2.5.2 and installed it that i have 2.5.2 and not 2.5.1? Both are working fine for the new H4D-60 anyway, but i was talking about 2.5.1&2.5.2

thomas

It was 2.5.1 definitely, but i was meaning, how can i know after i downloaded the new Phocus 2.5.2 and installed it that i have 2.5.2 and not 2.5.1? Both are working fine for the new H4D-60 anyway, but i was talking about 2.5.1&2.5.2
it's an issue with the language version. If you run it in English the so called new "2.5.1" version is labeled correctly as "2.5.2"

rem

What I understanding wrong? I downloaded the 2.5.2 from the Germany Website and the language is german but its labled 2.5.1 and also in the info is 2.5.1. Where ist the 2.5.2?;-)

thomas

What I understanding wrong? I downloaded the 2.5.2 from the Germany Website and the language is german but its labled 2.5.1 and also in the info is 2.5.1. Where ist the 2.5.2?;-)
well, as I said, it is version 2.5.2. Just the lable is incorrect.
If you are fine with the English version simply go to the applications folder -> right click on the Phocus icon -> choose "show pakage content" -> open "Contents" -> open "Resources" -> search for all folders with the suffix "lproj" and delete them all except "English.lproj". Phocus is running in English now and is labeled correctly as version 2.5.2.
The "lproj" folders are only language folders, so don't worry something weird will happen. I do the same with Capture One all the time as the German translation is a pain (too, I am used to use C1 in English).

Professional

it's an issue with the language version. If you run it in English the so called new "2.5.1" version is labeled correctly as "2.5.2"
I will download now on my Mac Desktop and see, on my Mac laptop it is written and i can read it is 2.5.2 from About Phocus, unless it is not correct.

Professional

Again, i downloaded that new Phocus on my Desktop, and it is working fine, i read it is Phocus 2.5.2, so i really can't understand what problems others facing to have the newer version?
I used the link from here for both my laptop and desktop.

KETCH ROSSI

One of the things I always do, is first Delete and empty the trash of the older version, no mater the SW been installed, this solves lot of issues before they even become one.

xpixel

well, as I said, it is version 2.5.2. Just the lable is incorrect.
If you are fine with the English version simply go to the applications folder -> right click on the Phocus icon -> choose "show pakage content" -> open "Contents" -> open "Resources" -> search for all folders with the suffix "lproj" and delete them all except "English.lproj". Phocus is running in English now and is labeled correctly as version 2.5.2.
The "lproj" folders are only language folders, so don't worry something weird will happen. I do the same with Capture One all the time as the German translation is a pain (too, I am used to use C1 in English).
Why deleting files...? There is a much more elegant possiblity... just open the app with cmd - i and disable the german language...

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I don't mind having PHOCUS "2.5.1" (new) out of a box 2.5.2 dmg as long as it works the same way . And as Thomas states , it does .
I am anoyed about the confusion , which is caused by this "issue" .

AAA)
It would have been so easy to just add one sentence in the READ ME section and everything would have been fine .

BBB)
Or , even better now , that one of the HASSELBLAD representitives , who read this forum regulary , would have given information to clarify the confusion .

I believe that either AAA) or BBB) can be expected from HASSELBLAD .
Or am I wrong here ? ? ? Are we in an information desert here ? ? ?
Do customers have to sort out that themselves ? ? ?

Jürgen

Dustbak

Euhh... in defense of the people at Hasselblad. The release is 1 day ago. Even the people in Denmark tend to go on holiday, take a day off or have some sleep sometimes which adds to the possibility that posts on fora can be missed.

Has anyone already mentioned this in a bug report to Hasselblad?

These are things that are typically easily repaired and Hasselblad tends to be pretty quick with that.

Yes, customers do find out first when there is something left that is not functioning entirely as it should. Their will always be bugs, from the looks of this it isn't even one, left. Customers find out and report this. Good companies see to it that stuff gets resolved and fixed quickly, bad companies don't.

What is with the short fuses?

S

stewpid

Euhh... in defense of the people at Hasselblad. The release is 1 day ago. Even the people in Denmark tend to go on holiday, take a day off or have some sleep sometimes which adds to the possibility that posts on fora can be missed.

Has anyone already mentioned this in a bug report to Hasselblad?

These are things that are typically easily repaired and Hasselblad tends to be pretty quick with that.

Yes, customers do find out first when there is something left that is not functioning entirely as it should. Their will always be bugs, from the looks of this it isn't even one, left. Customers find out and report this. Good companies see to it that stuff gets resolved and fixed quickly, bad companies don't.

What is with the short fuses?
+1

Jeffg53

+ another. My experience with Hasselblad support has been nothing short of excellent. I have had a number of issues resolved quickly by being able to communicate via email with the guy who was fixing the problem. Large organisations just don't work that way.

I can say that having been a lead architect on software projects with the biggest of them all.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
+ another. My experience with Hasselblad support has been nothing short of excellent. I have had a number of issues resolved quickly by being able to communicate via email with the guy who was fixing the problem. Large organisations just don't work that way.

I can say that having been a lead architect on software projects with the biggest of them all.

Jeff

The PHOCUS 2.5.1 /2.5.2 "issue" is not the reason for my todays response anymore . I have hooked that off .

It is the service topic .
As you , I have worked in the service buisness.
Having 30 years of background in strong hard and software service for the biggest computer company , I do know what service is and means .

Extremely bad experience with HB quality and service in the short past , make me say , that there is no reason for glorifying HB's service .
And I know , that I am not alone .

From my experience I can say , when your reputation is damaged , it is very hard to catch up again .
It are then often the small things , which count .
But I want to be of positive thinking . Service can always improve .
And I am still with HASSELBLAD .

Jürgen

Jeffg53

Jürgen

I'm not sure how to respond. You have had bad service, mine has been good both with hardware and software support for the last few years. It hasn't always been that way.

I was ready to kill someone over the red cast issue with the early H3Ds but that was resolved eventually. Following that, I had an issue with the H3D losing the date and time. Again, that took time but was eventually resolved to my complete satisfaction.

What I have learned from this is that Hasselblad is a little different to other companies that I have had dealings with, but persistence wins out. I think that they have lifted their game enormously of late.

I get excellent support via the local Hasselblad rep. He goes the extra mile to support his customers, and provides a reliable conduit back to the mothership.

if you had had a bad experience of late, is your local guy involved?

As an afterthought, I would expect to get better info from the Hasselblad digital forum. Funnily enough, this topic hasn't even surfaced over there.

fotografz

Mac 10.6.4

Copied previous version of Phocus to a separate hard drive like I always do, didn't delete from Applications folder, pulled previous version out of the quick menu, installed new English/USA version to Applications per instructions .... which asked if I wanted to replace existing version ... yes, then copied it to the menu bar, started it up no problems. Version reads correctly.

Checked by hitting Command I ... correct version. :thumbs:

Agree with Jeff, Hasselblad service has been fine for some time now, but I also rely on my local dealer as the first line of contact ... half the time he solves the issue on the phone ... or is back to me with-in the hour. If need be, he'll come to my studio and check it out first hand. In the past two years, I've not had an issue he couldn't trace down to some other factor other than the camera/DB.

Hasselblad has clearly stated that the dealers are the first step. IMO, this makes sense, since a lot of issues are obvious mistakes from new, less-experienced users which would choke the Mothership's service ability. Better to place that first step out in the field, on-site if need be.

It cracks me up when some user goes on the internet and prematurely carries on about an issue vociferously, immediately attributing it to the hardware, only to discover it is some obvious over-site on the user's part ... which they never acknowledge :ROTFL: Must drive Hasselblad crazy.

-Marc

Professional

I still remember when i had my H4D-60 and used Phocus 2.5, many members here tried to help me until i got the solution by using the newer version, Hasselblad served me perfectly to allow me to get the new software from them [as i didn't take the CD from the local dealer due to weekend closed] and it worked perfectly, didn't wait long to solve the problem [which is not a problem in fact], and i couldn't be happy more.
I know that many issues could be because i am an amateur user, so i may face some issues that it can be solved later if i search and contact for help/service/support, and i am sure those manufacturers working hard to figure out the issues and solving it on proper time, and i really will feel bad or annoying person if i don't appreciate their efforts, and i have to give them time as well, if i am in rush to use something regardless of the issues it can carry then i have to blame myself first before others, but i always try to check if that issue is common or reported before and there is solution for it, if nothing found then later i can use supports services.

Phocus 2.5.2 is working like a charm, and again, i couldn't be happier ;)