The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to reduce moiré on an aptus 22 files ?

archivue

i'm in trouble with a file, it's a picture of a desk chair, the problem is with the pattern of the blue material.

I've tried the moiré reduction in leaf capture, it doesn't work...

Any ideas ?

Thanks

archivue

while at 100% it's fine, the problem is at 66,67 magnification in PSD... and we tried a cromalin© that shows moiré as well.

vieri

Without seeing the file it is difficult to really be of help, but regarding your last post: checking files at magnifications different than 25, 50, 75, 100% on PS introduces all sort of artifacts (moire & jagged edges are the first two that come to mind) - so I stopped using other magnifications altogether and editing became much easier and much faster, too. Just my .02, but if your file is fine at 100% then I'd say you're good.

archivue

Without seeing the file it is difficult to really be of help, but regarding your last post: checking files at magnifications different than 25, 50, 75, 100% on PS introduces all sort of artifacts (moire & jagged edges are the first two that come to mind) - so I stopped using other magnifications altogether and editing became much easier and much faster, too. Just my .02, but if your file is fine at 100% then I'd say you're good.
i used to think the same, but the "check print" cromalin© shows moiré as well !

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
while at 100% it's fine, the problem is at 66,67 magnification in PSD... and we tried a cromalin© that shows moiré as well.
If the file shows no moire at 100% then there is no moire in the file. Period. If you then see moire at other magnifications (including print previews, other programs etc) it is "screen moire" which is only an artifact of viewing the file on a monitor at non-100% settings.

If used for print then simply completely ignore screen moire.

If used for web/email then resize the document to the final use size and view at 100%.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work