The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya / Phase One Vertical Grip... Finally!!!!

Dave Gallagher

Has anyone seen this yet???

http://translate.google.com/transla....html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1

Can't read Japanese and can't understand all of the translation but here are the cool highlights in my eyes:

1) Built in Profoto Air wireless trigger (1/1600th synch with P1 backs?)

2) USB port for firmware updates (for grip and body!)

3) Lithium or AA batteries (Phase One digital back batteries as promised?)

4) Built in Arca style L bracket.

I can't wait to get one in! And of course we don't know all the details since we haven't recieved any info from our manufacturers here in the US.

Just thought you guys would enjoy this!

Sincerely,

Dave Gallagher
President
Capture Integration
www.CaptureIntegration.com

Phase One, Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Canon, Nikon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Arca Swiss, Eizo, LaCie & More

404-522-7662 | Atlanta
305-350-9900 | Miami
877-217-9870 | National
770-846-5223 | Cell

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
My credit card is trembling with excitement - sign me up for a pre-order!

It would be good to know how the grip connects to the main body as the pictures don't show a thumbwheel / QR release which I assume has to be there somewhere. it would look like the base plate/L-plate slots into the grip somehow.

kdphotography

I'm thinking the great opportunity here is the ability to do firmware updates to the 645DF camera body without having to send the camera in....

How about a "rental" Phase Vertical grip. Send out for a grip to update your camera body firmware---and not lose the use of your camera for work.... I always get antsy sending a camera body or MFDB anywhere.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I WANT ONE!!! And I still want the 55 and 110 LS's I have requested too! (Dave, in case you missed my subtle innuendo, it is directed at the CI sales force!)

:D,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Don, the LS lenses are so good that Ken and I predict you'll be back to shooting a Phase body sooner than later

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I've just spent a week shooting on Georgian Bay (will post some pix soon) and found myself using the 55 LS about 50%+ of the time. This Schneider glass is real winner - f5.6 is perfect right into the deepest corners. It reminds me of the 150 D, it's that sharp.

But I certainly want that vertical grip too!

Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
How hard are these lenses to get. I want them for the workshop and actually like to have the 80 in a week or so.

Guy Mancuso

Looks pretty nice, may just have to buy one for sure. Just wish Photokinia was here now so I can see what is all coming. I have a feeling we are going to see some interesting things from Phase, no inside info on that call. Just seems to be a good time for them since they invested heavily in Mamiya that this is about the time it takes to get all the product out from buy in. Fingers crossed

GRW

I assume it's only going to be functional with the DF rather than the AFDIII (P1). That being the case, this is going to be an expensive winter:bugeyes:

Guy Mancuso

Tell me about it. LOL I would assume DF only as well

I decided I actually am going to buy ALL the LS lenses and sell everything else off except my 28 D and 150 D. Most likely keep my 200mm manual apo though unless something new comes out. I want a wide LS and the 80mm for sure. Been doing more outdoor flash stuff and the leaf shutter would help.

I have two trips planned that I want the 80mm LS for so already sent Dave a note for one. My 80D maybe up for sale and it is a kick *** lens too

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
At some point, I'll be back in medium format .... can't stay away from the look. If I did end up going with Phase, I'd certainly be all over those LS lenses.

Kurt

Dave Gallagher

Guys,

There is an embargo here in the US for all the details but when they are released today at 2PM, this link will go live:

http://www.captureintegration.com/2010/08/23/phase-one-v-grip-air/

It has everything that we have asked for in the past and I can't wait to get one for each of our cameras. And I am very excited for what more there is to come in the next 30 days.

Sincerely,

Dave Gallagher
President
Capture Integration
www.CaptureIntegration.com

Phase One, Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Canon, Nikon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Arca Swiss, Eizo, LaCie & More

404-522-7662 | Atlanta
305-350-9900 | Miami
877-217-9870 | National
770-846-5223 | Cell