The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GX 680 III and a modern DB?

danlindberg

I have enjoyed my grand GX680 III for many years in the film days. But since going the 1Ds route the trusty GX has been on the shelf for years....

I have been looking for a while what kind of options I have using it with a modern digital back but the only (little) info I find is really old and feels totally out of date.

I have read in more than one place that the fujinons I have, would not have the resolution for the todays backs. But my thinking would be if I could possibly buy Rodenstock or Schneider digitar lenses to my GX and ofcourse if there is a suitable solution with a back?

Anyone using a GX as a base?

Would be very interesting to see a working setup!!

O

Optechs Digital

I have enjoyed my grand GX680 III for many years in the film days. But since going the 1Ds route the trusty GX has been on the shelf for years....

I have been looking for a while what kind of options I have using it with a modern digital back but the only (little) info I find is really old and feels totally out of date.

I have read in more than one place that the fujinons I have, would not have the resolution for the todays backs. But my thinking would be if I could possibly buy Rodenstock or Schneider digitar lenses to my GX and ofcourse if there is a suitable solution with a back?

Anyone using a GX as a base?

Would be very interesting to see a working setup!!

Take a look at this link for a solution made by Kapture Group. This is a pretty decent solution for studio work and used to be quite popular back when Fuji was still supporting the product line.

I personally don't think you will have any problem with those 6x8 lenses. They are quite excellent.

http://www.kapturegroup.com/solution/two.html

Good luck,

Paul

danlindberg

Thanks for the link! I have read it more than once and finally saw this:

"The addition of a matching focus screen insert was required to maintain par focus given the shift in the focus plane of all 3 model digital backs. One tradeoff is that you loose the ability to focus at infinity due to the thickness of the adapter plate. However, for tabletop shooting and small sets the system preforms very well and allows you to use these digital backs on your Fuji GX 680."

If this is the case with all lenses and DB solutions, then it falls short since I want to shoot landscapes with it.

H3dtogo

Hi, You can simply mount all Hasselblad and Imacon Ixpress and CF back's on the 680 with the appropriate I-adapter. No problems with focussing at infinnity. I use'd it a lot, also with digitars and enlarging lenses: razorsharp.