The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645D Arrives in US

I look forward to seeing more images from the cameras and hearing what the owners think of them. I was really looking forward to the Pentax, but something about the images I have seen seem more like a high-res DSLR than the kind of smooth sharpness and tonality I have come to expect from MFDBs of all resolutions.

thomas

I look forward to seeing more images from the cameras and hearing what the owners think of them. I was really looking forward to the Pentax, but something about the images I have seen seem more like a high-res DSLR than the kind of smooth sharpness and tonality I have come to expect from MFDBs of all resolutions.
but most images that are around are in-camera-jpegs. In RAW Developer things look a bit different, especially with sharpening in R-L deconv. mode.

etrigan63

Ed & Waybourn;
could either of you gents post a link to some 645D RAW DNG's. I am curious to see if LR3 will process them and how they will turn out. Also, how did you get around the whole Japanese manual issue. I am trying to locate an English user manual for me to peruse (I read the manual instead of asking sales/marketing guys, I am weird that way) and have had little success in locating one.

Also, there is a "645D Book" on the pentax.co.jp Online Shop. Do they ship to the US?