The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photokina Coverage by Capture Integration

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
No H-mount is what I guess is what Thomas is referring to. All the better, people with Hasselblad equipment should not be teased too much.
Duh. Still early in California, and I haven't had coffee yet!

David K

Workshop Member
Wow, talk about supersizing your back. The landscape shooters ought to love this puppy. I really like that rotating sensor... even a bit more than the rotating back I've got with my Sinar.

David K

Workshop Member
Is this new Leaf Back now considered top of the line. It seems to be priced approx. $12k lower than the P-65+. What's the Phase back have that this one doesn't??

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Given my lens selections these days honestly the p65 is the better choice for me. I am forced into a 35mm lens with the P40 and having the 28/55 gap. The 45mm is the better P40 shooters choice with a 28mm on the wide end. Problem is I wanted the Leaf shutter in the 55mm.

Hoping there maybe a P40+ to P65+ upgrade path that I can afford.

Sitting here doing the lens gap math for P40+ shooters the best choice is 28,45,80 and P65+ shooters it is the 35,55,80. Now having the 28,55 and 80 I painted myself into a corner with having to have the 35mm. Not a bad choice but no getting around buying a 35mm.

Seems to me and I mean this in all honesty the P65 is actually the better setup when it comes to lenses. Now that does not mean the P40+ is a bad choice far from it just makes lens selection more difficult to get the gaps just right

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Is this new Leaf Back now considered top of the line. It seems to be priced approx. $12k lower than the P-65+. What's the Phase back have that this one doesn't??
Exactly. No question it kick's the snot out of current Phase pricing, and so likely a change coming soon. That or there is now going to be a "bargain" line and a "pro" line of back offerings from Phase. Might actually explain why this new Leaf back is only available in M mount or V mount... Which of course leads one to believe Phase could have something even bigger in the wings for its "big dog" back...

Guy Mancuso

I can't call you what I want on the forum but you know it starts with a A
:ROTFL::deadhorse::ROTFL::deadhorse::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Exactly. No question it kick's the snot out of current Phase pricing, and so likely a change coming soon. That or there is now going to be a "bargain" line and a "pro" line of back offerings from Phase. Might actually explain why this new Leaf back is only available in M mount or V mount... Which of course leads one to believe Phase could have something even bigger in the wings for its "big dog" back...
Me bet will come in a Phase flavor with sensor plus