The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 5.2

Don Libby

Down loaded late yesterday as I was finishing a project. Need to do some printing today but hope to see what the upgrade will do for me later today. Dwnl'd just fine on the main computer (took just a little over an hr). Now I need to get it on the laptop before I head out to Jackson Hole.

The P65 is looking better and better ... wait - did I just say that outloud?

Don Libby

Sandy keeps telling me to use my inside voice :ROTFL:

unrelated to MF however Sandy is now thinking of getting out of Canon and going to a M9 herself...

D

DanClarkWCP

Newbie Alert!!!
I'm doing some experimenting on CaptureOne 5.2 with a friend of mine. My Valeo22 is not recognized by 5.2 (no surprise, as it's not listed as supported). With my friend's Aptus17 (no dongle), we can shoot tethered, but can't get Live View, which surprises me a little, since Jim Collum is able to get live video with his Aptus75S, without use of a dongle. Does anyone know if there's something in the "S" models that makes it work without a dongle?

yaya

Newbie Alert!!!
I'm doing some experimenting on CaptureOne 5.2 with a friend of mine. My Valeo22 is not recognized by 5.2 (no surprise, as it's not listed as supported). With my friend's Aptus17 (no dongle), we can shoot tethered, but can't get Live View, which surprises me a little, since Jim Collum is able to get live video with his Aptus75S, without use of a dongle. Does anyone know if there's something in the "S" models that makes it work without a dongle?
Welcome Dan!

What camera is your friend's Aptus mounted on?

Note that Live View will not work if you're using a Contax or a Mamiya 645AFD/II/III/DF type bodies.

Hope this helps

Yair

D

DanClarkWCP

Hi Yair -
It was on a Digiflex I, and we had chosen that setup in CaptureOne.

While I'm on the subject of Live Video, what exactly prevents CaptureOne from displaying live video from a D700, for example? Is it something you'd need from Nikon, or something you'd have to decide to implement at the PhaseOne end? I'd love to have one software app that I could use for any & all of our tethered/Live View shooting.

Dan
Weinberg-Clark Photography
www.weinberg-clark.com

SergeiR

What i dont get with 5.2 is that how hard it was to fix long standing bug with broken order of file sorting on Mac for files from 54s (dont see it with ZD files).. i mean it only been around since 5.0... Not like it would take much, and yet its still there :(

yaya

Hi Yair -
It was on a Digiflex I, and we had chosen that setup in CaptureOne.

While I'm on the subject of Live Video, what exactly prevents CaptureOne from displaying live video from a D700, for example? Is it something you'd need from Nikon, or something you'd have to decide to implement at the PhaseOne end? I'd love to have one software app that I could use for any & all of our tethered/Live View shooting.

Dan
www.weinberg-clark.com
Hi Dan,
I will have to investigate this one but from memory I think that Live View never worked on the Digiflex (I or II). If it has a B or T modes you can set the back to "Other" or "Large Format" and then it might work.

Yair

SergeiR

Yair, there is no place to submit bug report for C1/C1Pro on support page, and if one is to search for "how to submit bug report" - nothing gets returned.

Mac OS - it was there on Leopard and now on Snow Leopard

Basically its fairly simple:
- images imported from CF to hard drive manually (i like to do it by hands, makes my archival structure easier and unified)
- sessions opened, browsing this directory. Ordering is fine (by name), but some files might miss bits of EXIF readouts
- session closed.
- same session reopened.. Bah.. File ordering changed and no amount of trying to get it done by something else and then reorder by name will return original ordering. Its hell of irritation when you got session of dozen of images per set, b/c finding one where you stopped shooting set becomes unbearably slow. Luckily i am not trigger happy, so i am not going through thousands of frames, but still.

Oh and it doesnt happen to Mamiya RAWs or Nikon RAWs.

D

DanClarkWCP

Hi Dan,
I will have to investigate this one but from memory I think that Live View never worked on the Digiflex (I or II). If it has a B or T modes you can set the back to "Other" or "Large Format" and then it might work.

Yair
Hi Yair -
No need for you to investigate, we're more than motivated. What bodies are know for good Live View - Mamiya RZ? Hassy V cameras? KaptureGroup TrueWide?

Dan

www.weinberg-clark.com

Brett Moen

My Leaf II-5 is tethering to Capture one 5.2 SOOO much better, Live view works supper well, My only irritation with it is that it captures in some all Caps file ending that will not open in Adobe Camera Raw and also doesn't output to DNG... But, will open in ACR when I capture to Card... IDK... other than that its been great to me...
B-!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Brett I maybe wrong but what file extension are you using to shoot too. Not sure if you have a option on the Leaf to shoot to a different file extension. Hopefully Yair or Doug see's this and add a suggestion. We do have the guru's hanging out here for this stuff. LOL

Brett Moen

Yeah, that's Why I mentioned it... I spent a few minutes the other day searching menus for options but didn't see any thing that looked like it would change it... it seems like it saves some kind of uncompressed version of the images that other programs don't get along with. The last version on Capture one (5.1) totally killed my back so as long as its not doing that any more. I'm a happy camper!
B-!

yaya

Yair, there is no place to submit bug report for C1/C1Pro on support page, and if one is to search for "how to submit bug report" - nothing gets returned.

Mac OS - it was there on Leopard and now on Snow Leopard

Basically its fairly simple:
- images imported from CF to hard drive manually (i like to do it by hands, makes my archival structure easier and unified)
- sessions opened, browsing this directory. Ordering is fine (by name), but some files might miss bits of EXIF readouts
- session closed.
- same session reopened.. Bah.. File ordering changed and no amount of trying to get it done by something else and then reorder by name will return original ordering. Its hell of irritation when you got session of dozen of images per set, b/c finding one where you stopped shooting set becomes unbearably slow. Luckily i am not trigger happy, so i am not going through thousands of frames, but still.

Oh and it doesnt happen to Mamiya RAWs or Nikon RAWs.
Sergei I suspect that there's some sort of corruption in your session so I would suggested moving the files into a new session.

Regarding the support page you need to press the "Contact Tech Support" button and then you will be able to log in and you will have several options for describing the problem

BR

yair

yaya

Yeah, that's Why I mentioned it... I spent a few minutes the other day searching menus for options but didn't see any thing that looked like it would change it... it seems like it saves some kind of uncompressed version of the images that other programs don't get along with. The last version on Capture one (5.1) totally killed my back so as long as its not doing that any more. I'm a happy camper!
B-!
Hi Brett,

Currently when shooting tethered there is no option to select a different file format. We are looking into adding it in a future release but there's no time-frame for this.

If your workflow includes processing in ACR then as a workaround you can convert the files in the Leaf Raw converter or re-save them in Leaf Capture.

HTH

Yair

Brett Moen

Hi Brett,

Currently when shooting tethered there is no option to select a different file format. We are looking into adding it in a future release but there's no time-frame for this.

If your workflow includes processing in ACR then as a workaround you can convert the files in the Leaf Raw converter or re-save them in Leaf Capture.

HTH

Yair
Thanks for getting back to me Yair
That's what I've been doing for some of my images.
I've been using the color checker passport and found that it makes a nice difference in the images color and contrast But you can't apply the settings in C1 So thats why I've been opening in ACR.
B-!