The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 5.2

thomas

... is out.

It now features LCC based spot removal... which might be another reason to take the white reference shots in the actual scene (and not to use stored LCC files).

The really great news is for DLSR and Leica M8 / M9 photographers... as LCC is now available for "a large number" of DLSRs and Leica M8/M9.

Here's the list of updates:

 LCC based dust removal.
 LCC support for Leaf portable files (also used for tethered operation)
 LCC support for large number of DSLR RAW formats.
 Live View support for Leaf backs and Mamiya DM systems.
 Significantly improved tethered performance for Leaf Aptus II series backs.
 Updated firmware for selected Leaf backs and Mamiya DM systems.
 More camera controls supported for some cameras.
 Preferences to disable tethered support based on camera make.
 Color tag in processed file.
 New lens profile for Phase One 35mm lens
 New lens profile for Schneider Kreuznach LS 110mm lens.
 Improved P65+ image quality.
 Improved colors and consistency on a number of Nikon cameras (*)
 Improved tone response in ISO mode L1.0, L0.7 and L0.3 for a number of Nikon cameras (*)
 A number of bug fixes.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
>>New lens control for *Phase One* 35mm lens<< ? Hello!!!

>>Improved P65+ image quality<< ??? Given it was basically off the charts before, that borders on scary!

thomas

>>Improved P65+ image quality<< ??? Given it was basically off the charts before, that borders on scary!
as far as I remember every update since the P65+ was released had some IQ improvements mentioned in the release notes of C1 updates... or am I mistaken?
Maybe just a little tweaking for high ISO images and/or sensor plus mode or so...

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
It's tweaks for long exposure noise reduction. Far better removal of hot pixels. Improvements will be seen in anything over 20-30 seconds at ISO50. Give it a try!

JimCollum

just checked.. Live View working for the archaic antiquated Aptus 75S (without having to send it into Phase for a rework)

Thanks guys!!!!

JimCollum

We don't have a 75s here to test. Can you comment on the quality of the Live View compared to using Leaf Capture?
i'd say pretty similar.. i'll try some low light testing between the two.

i didn't do any real comparisons.. but my gut is that the iso 400 & 800 has gotten better as well.

i'll shot a few today, and process them in Leaf Capture vs Capture One and post samples

Steve Hendrix

i'd say pretty similar.. i'll try some low light testing between the two.

i didn't do any real comparisons.. but my gut is that the iso 400 & 800 has gotten better as well.

i'll shot a few today, and process them in Leaf Capture vs Capture One and post samples

I think what Doug means is the comparison of Live View between the programs, now that C1 supports Live View for Leaf.

I've felt for some time (probably going back to March/April) that higher ISO detail and, of course, grain pattern and the control of it, was superior in Capture One on the Aptus product line.

Steve Hendrix

mbroomfield

Does anyone know if 5.2 includes the 4GB mem fix of the 5.1beta (for Win 64 bit systems)?

I could not see it in the notes. I'm DL'ing now but won't be able to install until Friday so it would be great to know this beforehand as I'd prefer not to overwrite 5.1 beta with the fix.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
>>New lens control for *Phase One* 35mm lens<< ? Hello!!!
I momentarily got excited by this one too although it doesn't appear in the lens tool as a D lens, just the same lens presumably as the Mamiya 35/3.5?

However, the LCC support for Leaf backs makes me a VERY happy camper today. It'll make a huge difference in the workflow for some of us non-Phase users. Just tried the LCC dust removal too - it seems to work pretty well on the 40 images I shot last night, all with the same spots on the sensor! :thumbup:

I'm intrigued by the improvements for DSLR's as well, in particular the Nikon cameras. It would be great to be able to retire Nikon Capture NX 2 if the color is comparable/better. :thumbup:

Last edited:

kdphotography

I momentarily got excited by this one too although it doesn't appear in the lens tool as a D lens, just the same lens presumably as the Mamiya 35/3.5?

....QUOTE]

I've heard that Phase is re-working the 35mm as a D series lens. (Not a good year to save money: V grip, LS lenses, T/S lens, and now a 35mm D?)

Maybe, just maybe....Doug will have some good news on a new 35mm D series at Photokina....

:clap:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Lovely. The 120 T/S just about buries a tech cam for me with product work. I can get by with a T/S. Okay Now the price just went up to 12k for one. LOL

Might just have to get a new 35mm D also. Damn need to scope out a new bank now.