The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo w/ mount focus problem.

macoberly

Hello All.

I recently got my hands on a Cambo wds with a 35mm Schneider digitar lens and mamiya mount plante. The focus is off by about a 10 degree turn on the focus ring. As an example, shooting an object four feet away I have to set the focus distance a shade past the 10 foot indicator on the focus ring to get proper focus. Setting the lens to infinity will only focus around 6 feet away. I'm using a P21+ that I've been using with my phamiya body. About six months ago I rented an Alpa max to get the full technical camera experience. The focus was dead with the Alpa and my P21+ then. I'm wondering if the lensboard is incorrect or I'm missing some shims.

Does anyone have any suggestions or should should I send it straight to the shop?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mason.

Btw, I've been a super-troll on this site for two years now. I love it.

macoberly

No I couldn't turn it any further. I decided to take some stuff apart, usually a bad idea for me, but I removed a stainless steel looking shim that was placed between the wds detachable plate and the mamiya mount plate that connects to it with four screws. My first tests are positive but I still have some fine tuning to do with Thomas' suggestion. I hope removing the shim doesn't give me problems down the road when I get other lenses.

Thanks for your help.

Mason.