The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCA-SWISS | NEWS | PHOTOKINA 2010

• Thread starter communication ARCA-SWISS
  • Start date

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Very interesting . I have downloaded the PDF and will have a detailed look .
Hopefully we will see a webpage soon as well .

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The new D4 head sure sounds interesting!

I am still not sure I understand what the change for the RM3D*i* was over the predecessor RM3D?

PeterA

I so wish they had a website

Alpa
Sinar and
Arca

so good to see three companies which still do high quality engineering.

Christopher

"I am still not sure I understand what the change for the RM3D*i* was over the predecessor RM3D?"

same here, not a real clue

Terry

The picture of the Rm2d look closer to the Rm3d than the Rm3di. The Rm3di looks like the front is made from several pieces and is not solid. Is it because the sensor (distance module -not image sensor) is built in? Look at the dot on upper right of the body. Does it allow swing or instead of the lens making the tilt the whole board moves?

Rm3di
View attachment 35568

rm3d
View attachment 35569

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I get it. The entire tilt ASSEMBLY, not just the lensboard can be turned 90 degrees inside the camera frame to impart swing (that's what they call sideways tilts, so the use of the term tilt was confusing me) when needed. As opposed to having to rotate the camera 90 degrees one way, and the back 90 the other to get there with the current camera.

Makes some sense.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I would also like to know what, if anything, differentiates the RL3D from the Rm3D other than size.

For info on the web go to arca-shop.de
They have very detailed info and many images.
Once you are on a product page click on details, and then in the description you must click on the fig.xx to open the images. For the Rm3D there is a lengthy description and numerous images.

Here is a link: http://www.arca-shop.de/

P.S. Thank you Communication Arca-Swiss!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
P.S. Thank you Communication Arca-Swiss!
:thumbs: I agree - great to have Arca-Swiss representation here. I'd love to see a full product catalog if such a thing exists or web site. There aren't that many full dealers where you can look at some of the gear such as the various heads, plates & cameras in person so we have to rely on folks like the Arca-shop to find information (vs B&H etc).

The D4 looks intriguing as an alternative to a traditional ballhead. I'm sure that after Guy/Jack and the other folks here have all tried one (We all know that they will :ROTFL:) I might be in the market for one to round out my Cube, B1G, B1, & P1 Arca-Swiss head herd. And I thought camera bags were thing we all end up with too many of.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
:thumbs: I agree - great to have Arca-Swiss representation here. I'd love to see a full product catalog if such a thing exists or web site. There aren't that many full dealers where you can look at some of the gear such as the various heads, plates & cameras in person so we have to rely on folks like the Arca-shop to find information (vs B&H etc).

The D4 looks intriguing as an alternative to a traditional ballhead. I'm sure that after Guy/Jack and the other folks here have all tried one (We all know that they will :ROTFL:) I might be in the market for one to round out my Cube, B1G, B1, & P1 Arca-Swiss head herd. And I thought camera bags were thing we all end up with too many of.
Put me down for a D4 at least.
Can't have too many tripod heads :lecture:
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I agree Bob if Arca can get us a demo for the workshop I am sure all of the participants would be interested in seeing and working with these products.