The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why it pays to have a backup ... not for the squimish

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham, one (expensive) solution is to have 2 adapter plates: 1 attached to the back and 1 attached to the GG, the 1 for the back serves as a bumper so the IR filter os alway recessed a few mm...
You'll have to make some sort of dust cover for it but that should not be too difficult.

yair
Yair,

Thanks - yes with the Alpa, the back plate, ground glass and lens mounts all have this architecture, including a push on plastic cover. It works well as everything is the same size. (I destroyed my sensor/IR actually when I was refitting it to the mount plate while it was on the camera - not the workflow I normally followed alas).

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Fortunately Leica took care of it, 3 months later I got it back, like it never happened. Sadly Leaf doesn't have Passport warranties.
Ouch - I feel your pain on that one. Passport warranty is a godsend though! :thumbs: