The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Offers Unique New-Product Investment Protection Plan

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thought this maybe of interest

COPENHAGEN, September 29, 2010 – Phase One, a leading provider of medium format digital camera systems, today announced an unprecedented new-product investment protection plan.

Effective immediately, Phase One is offering customers security when they buy a Phase One product. Now customers are guaranteed first class investment protection should they wish to upgrade to future Phase One innovations as new products are launched over the coming years.

Eligible customers who have purchased their products from an authorized Phase One partner and wish to upgrade to a new product within 6 months of its official launch, are guaranteed to receive:

90 percent of their original purchase price against any new Phase One digital back launched at a higher price within 18 months of the original purchase date.
50 percent of their original purchase price against any new Phase One camera body launched at a higher price within 24 months of the original purchase date.
50 percent of their original purchase price against any new Phase One or Schneider Kreuznach lens for the Phase One 645 camera platform launched at a higher price within 24 months of the original purchase date.
“Engineering and development is Phase One’s biggest investment,” said Henrik O. Håkonsson, CEO and President of Phase One. “And we are eager to reward customers who have faith in us and invest in our products. Through this Loyalty & Investment Program, we are inviting them to share the benefits of our passion for driving technical breakthroughs and delivering the best possible products to market.”

Phase One professional camera equipment is available only through authorized Phase One partners worldwide. For further details, including how the protection plan works for the purchase of fully-configured camera systems, please see the partner closest to you: http://www.phaseone.com/en/Try-and-buy/Partner-Locator.aspx.

Phase One Capture One software is available both from partners and online at: http://www.phaseone.com/en/Try-and-buy/Online-Store.aspx. To be notified of new products and other special discounts that may apply, please sign up for the Phase One newsletter at: http://www.phaseone.com/en/My-Account/SignUp.aspx.

About Phase One

Phase One is the world’s leader in open-platform based medium format camera systems and solutions. Phase One medium format cameras, digital backs and lenses are designed to deliver superior quality image capture and investment value.

Phase One’s Capture One software helps streamline capture and post-production processes for both medium format and DSLR cameras. Phase One products are known for their quality, flexibility and speed enabling pro photographers shooting in a wide range of formats to achieve their creative visions without compromise. For more information about the products, visit the Phase One web site on www.phaseone.com.

Phase One is an employee-owned company based in Copenhagen with offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Cologne and Shanghai.

Phase One and Capture One are registered trademarks of Phase One A/S. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

# # #

Worldwide PR Contact:
Kathy Madison
Arcand & Madison PR
Kathy(at)am-pr.com
+1 781-259-1764 direct
http://www.am-pr.com

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
How did you read the lens thing? It sounds like the same upgrade path as the bodies, but they don't revise lenses that often.

Guy Mancuso

Not sure bud trying to digest this. The back obviously is the interesting part. Basically this is pretty cool buy a back today trade in for a new back within 18 months and guess what it only cost you 10 percent of the purchase. Like rental fees to me.
So if you do the math say on a 20K back it only effectively costs 2 k for 18 months. Obviously you have to buy a higher mpx back at the end and your investment up front. But that is pretty darn good. Especially if your buying anyway your protecting your initial investment. Hmmm maybe a good time to upgrade to a P65+. Don't let my wife read what i just wrote a baseball bat maybe come flying from across the room.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Reads a bit like an insurance policy and I see plenty of questions coming.
Does original purchase price include the sum of costs paid on the upgrade path to-date or just the last bump? Or maybe it is the equivalent then current price of that you might have paid if it was not part of an upgrade promotion, or are upgrade promotions purchased items excluded?
Are backs that have already been purchased on a previous upgrade included?

Jack, you are the insurance guy, how would you decline claims on this one. :ROTFL:

I hope to get some clarification on this one
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Guessing hear for sure but seems to me the posted price at time of purchase or the MSRP is the only gauge to go by regardless how you get there be it upgrade or straight purchase.

KETCH ROSSI

That is a nice plan, sure makes you more comfortable in furking out 30/4-k on a system knowing that your gear will be almost its full value for at list a year and a half.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob, that became THE problem for companies when they shifted to "easy to read" contracts several years back. Of course after too many court decisions taking liberal interpretations of said language, insurance policies are no longer "easy to read" !!!

I suspect the language in this release will be tightened up long before the next new product is released, but in the meantime what is obvious is that Phase does not have a lawyer reviewing their press releases...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, that became THE problem for companies when they shifted to "easy to read" contracts several years back. Of course after too many court decisions taking liberal interpretations of said language, insurance policies are no longer "easy to read" !!!

I suspect the language in this release will be tightened up long before the next new product is released, but in the meantime what is obvious is that Phase does not have a lawyer reviewing their press releases...
Or even a geek
-bob

engel001

I remember the recent Phase One Photokina guarantee: "If Phase One or Leaf introduce a new higher resolution or larger sensor digial back at Photokina 2010 we will upgrade you the newer system at the difference in list price between the model you purchased and the new model introduced." This new program sounds similar and even more attractive. I wonder if you could trade in a P65+ bought before Photokina for a Leaf Aptus-II 12 for free, given the recent drop in prices? Would you? I am going to stay put with my new P65+, am very happy with it..

anGy

90 percent of their original purchase price against any new Phase One digital back launched at a higher price within 18 months of the original purchase date.
So if one is buying a P40+ today it's not possible to upgrade later to a P65+ and get 90% back as the P65+ already does exist / is not a new back launched within 18 months after purchase !?

David K

Workshop Member
As if things weren't sufficiently confusing in MF land already :) Still, it sounds like a good thing for consumers. Wonder if Leaf will follow suit.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I wonder if you could trade in a P65+ bought before Photokina for a Leaf Aptus-II 12 for free, given the recent drop in prices? Would you? I am going to stay put with my new P65+, am very happy with it..
Good luck with that negotiation ... :ROTFL: