The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Horseman SWDII

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well my Horseman Super wide came yesterday and let me say this is a strange bird but really cool. Well my first attempt suck but so was the light and i did not have my tripod with me and i am off . Looks like I need to calibrate the 35mm digitar for C1 . I forgot everything is upside down and backwards too. So if you want more tall building you shift down not up big dummy I am . i forgot all my LF stuff. LOL

so this is a failure on my part but what the heck show folks anyway. I will play more this weekend now i know how to handle it better plus I want to do some stitching . But these are simple shifts handheld. Nice to know there is still a camera out there that can challenge me. LOL

I have the P25 loaner here. Hey does FED-x deliver this Monday memorial day. My new back is in route

Greg Seitz

I'm surprised you have anything left for the Apple Store! :ROTFL:

It should be fun to watch you get this stuff dialed in.

So, for calibration, is the technique to do it on site due to lighting changes or develop a library of calibrations for the various shift amounts and apertures? I assume the calibration would take care of the color shifts in the corners on these shots right?

Greg

Guy Mancuso

Yes just need to take a shot of a calibration target I have from Phase One than bring into C1 and it creates a profile for it. Actually simple to do

Guy Mancuso

Okay need some help here. Looking for a way to bolt on a reflex viewer or a ground glass to the Mamiya mount so i can open the lens , focus and compose than just remove and put the Phase back back on. i did some searching and just don't see a way to do this.

JimCollum

Okay need some help here. Looking for a way to bolt on a reflex viewer or a ground glass to the Mamiya mount so i can open the lens , focus and compose than just remove and put the Phase back back on. i did some searching and just don't see a way to do this.

you can put a ground glass on the Hassey V mount for it.. and that will also take the focusing assistants that a normal Hassey will (cone with magnifier, etc). i focus with the H mount and glass, pull that off,, and attach the Leaf with Mamiya mount already attached

works very well.

jim

JimCollum

Guy Mancuso

Okay now I got it figured . OUCH!!

So I need the Hassy V plate for the Horseman if I can get the focusing screen from a Super wide or flexbody. I think I can get the Hassy focusing screen easily enough. I will ask Lance to see about a plate for the Horseman. Than i could just use a Hoodman magnifier hood or just a nice loupe

Guy Mancuso

Okay just bought that Jim now just need the adapter plate from the Horseman to a V mount. Thanks Jim big help here