The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP green regions during tetherec capture with Capture One 5.2

faneuil

just getting started with tethered capture
P45 back, DF body, Mac OS with Capture One 5.2

When I capture my pics keep showing this monochromatic green regions over certain
tonal regions of the picture. Doesn't show up in final processed images.
Seems to some software 'feature' or bug that I can't figure out.

Anybody know what this is?
Will post screen capture next

ARGH!
Eric

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Turn off the focus mask :). It's a feature that shows the areas in best focus.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Or just use CMD+F

One other tip is in prefs you can select the threshold, opacity and color for the mask. I prefer purple to green since i shoot a lot of landscape, and I set opacity to 30% and threshold to 300 to keep the pattern a little less dense. You only need to worry when nothing happens if you turn it on :)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Cmd F (by default) is "auto adjust" - jack has probably changed that shortcut using the "edit keyboard shortcuts" option.

There is no default shortcut to turn on and off the focus mask (though you can add one).

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jack - Focus Mask is a user defined custom keystroke or has that changed in ver 5.2?
You must have set yours for CMD+F because I think the default for that is Auto Adjust.
I have mine set for Shift+CMD+F.

Doug beat me to it, again :)

faneuil

Ahhhh... You all rock. I raise my glass of Pinch to you.
I've got a client coming tomorrow and wanted to run through some shots with her..
I was starting to flip out a bit. Wish LR could tether capture.
no matter what, Capture One does yield far nicer results, but I usually just import into LR.

Eric

Terry

Jack - Focus Mask is a user defined custom keystroke or has that changed in ver 5.2?
You must have set yours for CMD+F because I think the default for that is Auto Adjust.
I have mine set for Shift+CMD+F.

Doug beat me to it, again :)
Yeah.... I had the same problem when the boys tried to teach me CMD + F :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, how stupid of me -- that's one I changed because I use it all the time and never use auto adjust LOL!

sorry!

faneuil

thanks again -- another newbie question I can't solve.
I am using a P1 DF body -- should "camera controls" tool in C1 allow me to control the camera settings (f stop / shutter speed etc?)

thanks
Eric

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I believe Camera Controls were originally available only for the P65+ and P40+. With updates this may change, I am not sure what the current status is at this time. Doug???