The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus workflow

J

jorisvm

hi, is there someone willing to explain his workflow using Phocus ?

J

jorisvm

thx, I've seen the movies. but I'm more looking for "real life" exemples. what starting settings do you typically change for portrets shot with MF. sharpening amount, ...
I know this is really image dependant, but I'd like to see which settings one changes in which order, starting at which values.

David Schneider

I'd be interesting in understanding the kind of workflow that first brings images into Lightroom for sorting, deleting, then brings images in native format back into Phocus, then converted in Phocus, then brought back into Lightroom for further processing. For a large number of images, that seems to make some sense to me, but I'm just starting to thinking about workflow.

Dustbak

This is the way I work when having images from CF card. Import the .3FR files into Lightroom. Sort and tag the images, delete the ones that I don't want. Lightroom is my library.

I use Phocus to import the .3FR files I have kept. I edit the ones I need. Process/export those to 16bit tiffs.

Open the tiff in Photoshop for further editing.

Import the tiffs in Lightroom if needed.

When working tethered this doesn't work since Lightroom only supports .3FR and not .FFF (unfortunately).

J

jorisvm

are there workshops for Hasselblad/Phocus somewhere (europe,...) ?

J

jorisvm

hey, thx. hadn't seen those.

just called Calumet belgium, apparently there have been several requests for workshop. so they are looking into it to organise one, I hope they do so.

anyone experience with the hotwire online training ?