The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

real life experience ... New Super-Digitar 5,6/28 XL ?

yaya

I've used it on a Cambo Wide RS a few times with Aptus-II 10 and Aptus-II 12

A very good lens if you're after such a wide FOV

stephengilbert

Yikes. I'm sorry. I was talking to Graham about the new Digitar, and when he posted the photo I never read the text. I even congratulated him on the new lens thinking he'd bought the Digitar.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well this is a failure but I did shoot this with Rod yesterday from Arca Swiss on the IQ 180.

Our issue was the LCC card was too small it seems and did not cover correctly so obviously it has to be done again. But thought I would at least show it.

No LCC

LCC applied

Here is the corrected LCC and as you can see it just did not cover enough to be useful, so DON't panic but if you get this lens get a BIG LCC card

Christopher

Ouch, i don't want to complain, but this color cast looks ugly like hell and way to strong. Could be that the 28 just isn't a good mix with the new IQ180.

gazwas

Yeh, very magenta especially as the lens is centred on the chip.

Would be good to see a proper LCC capture to see how much of that deep magenta is light fall off.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Agree folks . Hopefully someone can test this soon. Like to see a final that looks good

CI did not have the 28mm with them it was Rods from Arca