The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any good lens review sites for medium format?

sflxn

For 35mm, there are many good sites that provide in-depth reviews of lenses. However, I haven't found any for medium format lenses. I noticed Leica has started providing Lloyd Chambers with S2 equipment for review, which is quite smart on their part. Are there any good sites out there with the depth of review that Lloyd does or photozone.de? I'm specifically looking for reviews of Hasselblad lenses. Perhaps I can lobby lloyd and hasselblad to cooperate and start reviewing H lenses.

sflxn

I can think of several things I could get out of it. First, bokeh comparison between the 100mm and 120mm Macro. Compatibility of 28mm HCD on a slightly cropped sensor. Resolving capability of some lenses. I can go on and on.

I really don't care so much for 3rd party lenses. I think 99% of the people reading such reviews are more interested in 1st party lenses. For 35mm it's a little unique since so many are also interested in the Zeiss lenses.

A renown photographer friend of mine recently suggested I get the 100mm for portraiture. So far, the 80mm works great for me, but I'm now curious.

stephengilbert

I think you can find the information you want here. If you want information on Hasselblad lenses, try a different thread title that will draw the attention of Hassy owners, like "Seeking information (tests, comparisons, etc.) on Hasselblad's xxmm lens." There are a few experienced Hasselblad owners here who are very helpful.