The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645D Images

S

shuttershane

Ed great shot. Is there anyway you could post a full res shot somewhere. I have been looking for a good shot like this to see what the details look like. I am thinking hard about replacing one of my 5d MKII with the 645D but all the examples I have seen were pretty soft or had to much compression

bensonga

645D with 6x7 75mm f2.8 AL lens (using adaptor). 1/500 @ f.6.3.
That is a beautiful image Ed! I know we'd all love to see a high res version of it. Wish I could find one of those 75mm f2.8 AL lenses for my P67 system.

Gary

bensonga

Looks good! :thumbup:
You planning on getting one?
Only if I win the lottery.....and since I don't buy lottery tickets, I guess not.

Of course, as the saying goes.....never say never. :D

After all, the possiblity of getting a 645D someday is how I justified (to myself anyways), buying a 645NII and several lenses.....gotta be prepared for all eventualities, right?

If you haven't checked that thread on the Pentax forum since I first posted it.....check back now. There are a few more images posted there.....and an interesting/entertaining discussion! Every forum has it's unique perspectives. :)

Gary

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed reply - I have been travelling with limited connectivity. I am not really in a position to upload high res files at present, but will gladly upload a full res crop in a couple of weeks' time when I am back home in Australia.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Ed

Ed Hurst

Here is a central crop from the above shot. This was processed quickly 'in the field' on my laptop, so is perhaps done a little clumsily with regards to sharpening...

Ed Hurst

Frankly I don't think the crop looks very good at all on this site. I am not really sure why that is... It could be partly my clumsy processing 'in the field' but even that file looks better when I view it directly than when viewed above. Hmmm.... Anyone got any thoughts on what's going on here?

KeithL

Frankly I don't think the crop looks very good at all on this site. I am not really sure why that is... It could be partly my clumsy processing 'in the field' but even that file looks better when I view it directly than when viewed above. Hmmm.... Anyone got any thoughts on what's going on here?
This is an ongoing issue. So many times - and I hasten to add not just on this forum - I see images uploaded to demonstrate positive qualities and yet the result is they achieve exactly the opposite. I've done exactly this in the past and have either deleted the image or rectified the problem. I suppose the lesson here is to be very sure that images serve their purpose.

Respect here for Ed who has put his hand up and admitted there's a problem with the image.

Ed Hurst

Thanks Keith. Not sure what I can do to rectify this, or to be sure that an image is going to look good on the site before I post it (in this case, the original looks good).

All I can say is that I am happy to supply the original file if people are interested in receiving it.

Best wishes,

Ed

KeithL

Thanks Keith. Not sure what I can do to rectify this, or to be sure that an image is going to look good on the site before I post it (in this case, the original looks good).
Hi Ed

I see that the image is hosted on GetDPI. If the image - in this case the jpeg made specifically for the web use - looks good on your system then it should look good here. Unfortunately I know nothing about image hosting on this site. I host all images - no matter where they appear - on my own site. This means if I have an issue with an image I can simply tweak the image and the updated image will be updated everywhere.

Perhaps Guy or Jack can be of more help?

Best
Keith