The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645D Images

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Not sure how others post 100% crops, but here is my method:

I use Lightroom and after all my edits on a selected photo, I'll create a virtual copy. On the copy, I'll use the crop tool to select an area that I'd like to use as a 100% crop. For this, setting the loupe view options to display cropped dimensions is very helpful so there isn't any guessing on final output size and whether the size is appropriate for the intended web destination (ie is it less than 900 pixels wide?, etc). I then export the copy and make sure to uncheck Resize to Fit and Sharpen. This way, every pixel in the original file is represented as a single pixel on the web, in other words - a 100% crop.

For C1, it is just as simple. Do all your edits and create a cloned variant. Go to the crop tool and select px from the drop-down box next to the size boxes. When you drag the crop tool in the photo, the pixel dimensions of the crop will show. In the Output tab, make sure to set the Scale drop-down to Fixed. This will make sure each pixel is rendered 1:1 and no re-sampled.

Hope this helps. If the issue is forum-software-related, then I agree with KeithL... host your own.

David

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Need to really use the gallery and size at 1200 pix wide. The software will downsize if bigger. Not sure what is happening here but I suspect wrong at the start. Need to run but there are guides here on exactly this.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54

BTW almost all forum software runs identical but we have tweaked ours to make bigger images to post otherwise it will down sample larger sizes into whatever is set. This is not the case here as the image is small to begin with. This forum is tweaked SPECIFICALLY for images.