The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus color calibration

fotografz

Thanks Fotograz,

The solution you give me is good but not precise enough :(
With this one can only approach it visually but not with numbers to obtain exact values one want.

As seen in my attachment:
-First set measure points on white, second gray,4th gray, black patch and the first color to measure (I start always with yellow)

-second, in the Color Info-box you see the values you have at the moment (after neutralizing on second gray)

- In Color Correction-box:
I choose the channel to correct (this should have been Yellow, not Red, but it's just an example). With up/down arrows in the C,M,Y you can adjust until you get the 'right' values for that channel (until red is 230,green 195 and blue 62) in the ColorCorrection-box (see the 5th measure point)

- repeat this for the six basic colors of ColorChecker... becomes a very tydious work if you've several cards to profile. :( :mad:

As everiy one shoot paintings under diff lightings, every shoot starts with a new capture of the ColorChecker in front of the painting; once the card adjusted I copy the new settings on the next shot (painting without CCcard)...

Very tedious !!

But that kind of finesse I don't find in the color wheel of Phocus.

Maybe someone...
Understood.

I never thought about it, but is the color checker the right tool for CMYK adjustments? Or is it universal?

Sounds like you need to start with a Multi-Shot file for better color separation and more faithful colors out of the starting gate?

If you find a precise solution that's easier, please post it.

-Marc

D

Domip

Has anyone looked into this press release from Hasselblad?
Hasselblad announces plan for a new era of Industry
It's about a Phocus calibration guide that has been published.

Frans Rutten
Yes, I did. :eek:
This is a very good way to control colors, but it's very expensive... and also tedious.
But finally Hasselblad does see there's a gap between 'real colors' and their Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS)
Something to investigate further at the Photokina next month!

evgeny

There is a video on Hasselblad TV how to use Datacolor SpyderCheckr Pro ($124.99) to create an H4D sensor profile for Phocus.
Can anyone recommend that program?

Evgeny

Professional

There is a video on Hasselblad TV how to use Datacolor SpyderCheckr Pro ($124.99) to create an H4D sensor profile for Phocus.
Can anyone recommend that program?

Evgeny
Well, i have many gear, so i want to have test to do profiling my HB with ColorChecker Passport or any gray card ones i have, i got busy since years and didn't try to have time to do profiling and having accurate colors if possible, so i may start to go back to do more tests and see what i can get.

evgeny

Well, i have many gear, so i want to have test to do profiling my HB with ColorChecker Passport or any gray card ones i have, i got busy since years and didn't try to have time to do profiling and having accurate colors if possible, so i may start to go back to do more tests and see what i can get.
The ColorChecker creates camera sensor profiles for ACR, not for Phocus.