The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Swiss M-Line Two

postman

I don't know if this camera counts as medium or large format. So I am starting here.

I have a Manfrotto 405 geared head. This head has a quick release plate, on top of that I have put the short clamp that comes with the M-Line Two. These 2 together do not offer enough clearance to allow the back standard of the M-Line Two to move freely. I use the 405 with an M-Monolith with no problem, but the rear standard of the Monolith works a little differently. I am not a fan of sticking lots of bits between my camera and the tripod. So my question!!!

What is the most efficient way of getting the additional height needed to have the rear standard move freely? Efficiency being defined as : least number of components, lowest price.

archivue

not the cheapest alternative, but it ads something...

Maybe a Really Right Stuff PCL-1 Panning Clamp

It's nice to have a pano head on the top...

David Kaufman

I have the same camera and the junior geared head. I simply keep the camera off the centre of the rail, moved towards the back, so the rear standard when dropped, clears the back of the head. Unless the 405 is really massive, you should be able to do the same with it.

celina20

I have the same camera and the junior geared head. I simply keep the camera off the centre of the rail, moved towards the back, so the rear standard when dropped, clears the back of the head. Unless the 405 is really massive, you should be able to do the same with it.
I am doing the same with my Arca C1.

Luis