The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

occasional need for filters - Lee Snap on system?

faneuil

I so very rarely need a filter -- but does anyone use lee snap filter system?
I would like to have the ability to occasionally 'snap on' a ND or polarizing filter when
shooting with my mamiya MF lenses.

thanks
eric

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I carry 77's in polarizer, 6 and 3 stop ND, plus step rings for my lenses, and all is less bulky than the snap system.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
No, I meant I just use 77mm filters and step rings -- I personally find the snap-on holders pretty bulky relative to conventional filters, but YMMV.

stephengilbert

Eric,

I use SKGrimes slip-on adapters: http://www.skgrimes.com/slipon/index.htm.

The adapter slips onto your lens (friction provided by a rubber O-ring) and has threads for whatever filter size you choose. Mine fit 67mm filters, and the same adapter fits both my 35mm and 47mm Digitars. All they need to know is the OD of the lens barrel, and the size filter you want to mount.

Steve