The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 5.2.1 - LCC

thomas

Hi,

just saw there's a new C1 version.
I reverted from 5.2 to 5.1.2 as the LCC analysis was really slow (due to the analysis of dust spots). It takes 4 seconds or so for my P45 files on 5.1.2 and 20 seconds on 5.2.
Is the LCC analysis faster in the new 5.2.1 release?
(Don't want to install and try it as I did a clean uninstall when I reverted form 5.2 back to 5.1.2...).

Thanks!

goesbang

you should post this on the Phaseone.com forums. You will get a prompt and well informed reply from the no-nonsense team at phase one.

Cheers,

B

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thomas, I find LCC in 5.2.1 just as fast as 5.1 if you leave dust un-checked.

thomas

Thomas, I find LCC in 5.2.1 just as fast as 5.1 if you leave dust un-checked.
also whith the initial analysis of the LCC file? How can I disable the dust spot detection prior to applying the LCC to a file? The handling of files is fine as soon as the LCC is created - it's only the initial analysis that takes some time (~20 seconds with P45 files).
Is that different on you system?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, got it -- Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Yes, the initial analyze does take about 20 seconds for my P65+ files too. The application of the LCC is fast though.

thomas

Yes, the initial analyze does take about 20 seconds for my P65+ files too.
okay, good to know - thank you!
So I won't upgrade now. I hope they add a setting to enable/disable the dust spot detection.
It's a great feature! But if you don't need it and if you have to make several LCCs from a shooting the slow analysis is a bit annoying.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
okay, good to know - thank you!
So I won't upgrade now. I hope they add a setting to enable/disable the dust spot detection.
It's a great feature! But if you don't need it and if you have to make several LCCs from a shooting the slow analysis is a bit annoying.
Agreed, they should make it optional on the dust spot read. However, I do not use LCC very often to begin with, so it's a non-issue for me, and I actually might use it MORE just for the dust feature! IOW, one LCC frame read at the beginning of a shoot for any camera applied to every subsequent frame, and you have auto dust removal for all images which is pretty cool IMO.