The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645 and Angle Finder N

RayM

Hi, anybody out there who knows whether the Contax "Right Angle Finder N" is compatible with the Contax 645? And, if you've used one, how did you like it? Thank you.

PSon

Ray,
You can use the Right Angle Finder N with your Contax 645. Make sure you got the proper adapter ring for your Contax 645 90 degree prism. Liking it is subjective here; I like the waist level finder more.

-Son

RayM

Thank you, Son. Will definitely make sure to get the proper ring too. I have the "Angle C Finder" for my Canon and have grown to really appreciate it for a limited amount of the shooting I do, such as macro nature shots out in the woods. It is definitely an acquired taste! Again, thank you.

PSon

Ray,
I understand completely where you are coming from when your system is composed of only a 90 degree view. In your case, having the right angle is a saving grace for your macro work. But having a waist level finder is a godsend.

evgeny,
The waist level finder provides a full frame on your Contax 645 which soon not be.

Best Regards,
-Son

RayM

Thanks Son, forgot to add earlier that I do indeed have the waist level finder too. I found and ordered the N finder, I have my lenses in place, and now all I need is a digital back for it. It's looking like my choice will be the P21+ if I can find one.