The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sinar e22 trouble.......again

H3dtogo

After having a major computercrash i installed Sinar Captureshop on a new mac and hoped to get to open some files i shot this afternoon with my emotion22. Unfortunately the software keeps asking me to insert a cd with a file called e22-05-02xx. I searched everywhere for the cd but cannot find it again. Why did sinar make things so difficult???????? Now i have some shots on a cf card but cannot open them. Does somebody know a way to open my files???????
Yes, i know i should have backed everything up and yes i should have made copies of the shading file cd and yes it is my own faulth but hey, i am only human as they sung in the eighties of last century.......

After having a major computercrash i installed Sinar Captureshop on a new mac and hoped to get to open some files i shot this afternoon with my emotion22. Unfortunately the software keeps asking me to insert a cd with a file called e22-05-02xx. I searched everywhere for the cd but cannot find it again. Why did sinar make things so difficult???????? Now i have some shots on a cf card but cannot open them. Does somebody know a way to open my files???????
Yes, i know i should have backed everything up and yes i should have made copies of the shading file cd and yes it is my own faulth but hey, i am only human as they sung in the eighties of last century.......
AFAIK The new back firmware allow you to keep the ref files in the internal memory of the back.

Perhaps, You can try the Old Brumbaer Tools and open the files with the Generic settings. Than you can shoot your calibration files with daylight and tungsten light and make the color corrections later.
Yevgeny

H3dtogo

Hi Yevgeny, did use brumbaer tools but i really want to use sinar software for some images. Is there a way to retrieve the E22-xxxxxxxx file? Tanks in advance.

bdp

My Sinar eMotion back has the ccd ref file embedded in the internal memory of the back, so there is no need to install it from a cd when the software is installed on a new system. The first time a back is connected (or the CF card connected via a reader) the CCD file is copied to the relevant directory on the computer. Maybe the e22 (being an older back) doesn't store the file internally.

It is easy to get it back though - contact Sinar.

Ben

Hi Yevgeny, did use brumbaer tools but i really want to use sinar software for some images. Is there a way to retrieve the E22-xxxxxxxx file? Tanks in advance.
I am sorry, I do not remember where the ref files are stored on the HD. I am lacking the computer savvy.

When I lost my Eyelike eMotion 22 reference CD, I requested them from Sinar and they let me download the files from their FTP server.

Yevgeny